Lipsticks can melt and lose its strength making it more susceptible to breaking or melting completely if not kept at the right room temperature.
Just in case you shop for beauty products online this should be known to you. Frequently we buy lipsticks online and they arrive broken or our lipsticks might fall from our hands, counter and break and if we have kids around we all know what might become of our lipsticks. Don’t worry! One way to salvage broken lipsticks is to be depot in Sephora (Baby) by Z Palette.
If you have ever bought or splurge on your favorite lipstick and only when you’re getting ready to use it you realize it’s broken. Not a good thing!!! You can easily fix your broken lipstick by applying heat with a blow dryer or matches by heating the ends and putting it together.
Instructions on how to repair broken lipstick
1. Start with clean hands
2. Heat the lipstick stub with a match or blow dryer to melt the product until it’s soft and creamy.
3. Begin to extract the broken piece of lipstick from the tube and roll up the remaining stub as much as possible.
4. Use the blow dryer or a lit matchstick to slightly melt the broken pieces.
5. Stick the top part of the lipstick back onto the base and place it into a fridge until cool completely.
6. Remove the lipstick and smooth out the lumps, if there is any with your fingers or a toothpick.
Related: The Best Lipstick for Every Occasion
*You can heat the stub over hot water, so the lipstick will be melted as a glue-like consistency and allow the broken part to be stuck firmly to its base.
If you don’t want to go through that much trouble – you can simply use a lip brush to apply the lipstick to the lips and then scoop the remaining lipstick into a small container (empty lip gloss jar). Apply heat until the broken lipstick melts; then allow it to harden and let it cool in the fridge.
Place melting lipstick in a refrigerator for 20 minutes or more, so that it can regain its consistency.