Relationships are infamously difficult, and coming out of them can be harder for everyone involved. When a relationship ends, you have to reassess everything that you thought you knew about that person. Even if you’ve left it on amicable terms, it can be difficult to dispel the somber feelings and replaying the same scenarios over and over in your head. This tantamounts to a form of self-punishment, and it’s vital that you’re aware of how to deal with it.
- One of the more insidious parts of a relationship ending is how it robs you of your mojo. It’s likely that you won’t want to enter another one for some time before you fully process the last one. Waiting for your next love interest to come at the right time is normal and healthy, but allowing the break up to take away your natural spark is not.Life is short, and it’s best to live it as a confident, natural, magnetic person than someone stuck in negative thought loops about scenarios that weren’t able to be controlled. You need to regain your mojo back as quickly as possible, for your sake.This guide aims to help you do just that.Trim The FatTrimming the fat is an important method of keeping yourself maintained after a relationship. It’s tempting to comfort eat in difficult times, and only the strongest manage to resist. However, if you want to feel flawless in your physique as you always should, it’s important to be temperate with your food intake by beginning a healthy eating diet.Working on your flaws by lifting light weights, exercise, eating healthily, sleeping right and undergoing your own new beautification method will help you feel like the wondrous person you deserve to feel like. This might involve pursuing cellulite treatment or trying a different brand of makeup. Whatever works for you is the goal here.Tackle A ChallengeIt’s important to feel independently strong and able to progress on your own. Consider tackling a challenge that allows you to come to terms with who you are. This could be as simple as trying a new rock-climbing hobby or focusing on getting that promotion. However this can be defined – ‘going for your win’ is among one of the better ways to rejuvenate and recuperate your mental stamina and general happiness.Reclaim Your LoveThe only way you can feel comfortable in a new relationship is if you feel comfortable within yourself. It’s important to understand the benefits of keeping active and investing in the hobbies you love and cherish. Recuperate your social links, and don’t be afraid to go outside of your comfort zone! Now that you have free time, why not apply this to hanging around with your family more often? They’ll surely appreciate it. Relationships are amazing, and when they work, they can make life feel joyous and light. Being single, however, should be a great time too. Focusing on yourself allows you to develop your character and figure out what you want from this complex world.
There is a weird myth about weddings. Apparently, they are one of the happiest days of our lives. Yet, as most married people will confirm, they are also one of the most stressful. From dealing with the multitude of expenses when planning, to trying to keep everyone happy on the day itself, a happy wedding is far from people’s minds.Thankfully, there are ways to cut out some of the stresses that you may face. Follow our handy guide for some helpful advice.
Writing a social media bio seems easy. Writing a short paragraph that sums up you as a person can’t be that hard, can it? That’s what everybody thinks until they sit down and try to write one. We’ve all found ourselves sat in front of a blank screen trying to think of anything to write and drawing a complete blank. It’s important to get it right because it’s the first impression that anybody will have of you in the online sphere. They could be friends, family, or even potential employers and if you don’t give the right impression from the word go, it’s hard to come back from. So, what exactly should you be writing?
Being concise is one of the most important things. People have a short attention span and if you present them with a huge page of text, they probably won’t even make it to the end. With that in mind, keep it as short as possible, most of the time you will be limited to characters anyway so you’ll have to work within those confines. Don’t try to put in every single thing about yourself because you’ll never have enough room. Think about it as an introduction that lays out the most important basic information about yourself so people can decide if they want to know more.
Your profile picture is going to be the thing that best gives people a sense of who you are. The way that you decide to present yourself says a lot about you as a person. For example, if you’re profile picture is a photo of you out with friends, it doesn’t look that professional. Take a nice picture of yourself and use filters from places like geofilters on demand to make it look as though it has been taken by a professional photographer. That way people will know that you are serious about your online presence.
With millions of people on social media; there are a lot of ideas for bios that have been done thousands of times over. If you’ve got a boring bio then people aren’t likely to click on your profile and look further. Being so limited on space forces you to be more creative so if you think long and hard about it; you can come up with something that nobody has seen before. However, make sure that you aren’t sacrificing any important information just to make it more original.
Nobody likes a show-off, but it’s good to brag a little in your social media bio. You are, after all, trying to sell yourself and you should be proud of your achievements. You should boast about them a little, but not so much that you sound arrogant. If you’re looking for employers online, this is especially important because they will be reading your bio to get an idea of your skills and achievements. Highlighting these in your bio could open a lot of doors for you.Get these four things right and you’ll have a social media bio that is sure to impress.
Gel nail polishes are heaven-sent. Gel polishes like Svensson Gel Nail Polish last and sticks much longer than normal nail polishes. We’ve seen famous celebrities with perfectly manicured nails all the time. But one of the biggest problems women encounter with gel polish is the do-it-yourself removal process which can leave nails weak and damaged if not done properly. In this post, we provide you with some essential tips on how to prevent this.
Image Source: Pexels
This is probably one of the biggest mistakes most women make. Gel that is peeled and scraped off improperly can really damage your nails. Like all parts of the human body, our nails are composed of cells and when you begin to pull off the gel in an aggressive manner, you’re not just getting rid of the polish, but you’re also removing the top most layer of your nails’ cells.Keep in mind that while you can have a gel manicure every two weeks, it is better for your nails to have a break for a week (during which time you can use ordinary nail polish) and then resume your gel manicure on the fourth week. In addition, remove your gel manicure after two weeks – even if it still looks good – as it will be harder to remove the gel if you wear the gel nails for a longer period of time.
Importance of Having the Proper Tools
It is ideal to have your gel nail polish be removed by a professional, but you can also attain the same results right in the comfort of your own home – and ensure that the process is not be damaging to your nails – provided you have the right tools. What you will need is acetone, a nail stick made of wood, some cotton balls and foil.You’ll need a really strong acetone for removing gel polish, but there is no need to buy any of the expensive brands that are advertised for removing gel polishes – just buy an acetone that is labeled as maximum or extreme strength.
Cuticle ProtectionYou also need to make sure that your cuticles are properly protected. The key here is creating some type of “wall” between the acetone and your cuticles. You can use an ointment like Aquaphor for this. This “wall” layer can help prevent your cuticles from getting damaged through the process since in order for the gel to be properly removed, you have to entirely cover your nails with cotton wool soaked in acetone, and then wrap with the foil.
Importance of Moisturizing your Nails
After you have removed all the gel polish, your nails will tend to look a little dry so it is essential to moisturize your nails right away. Nail oil is recommended by the professionals. Another method to recover your nails after removing a gel manicure is to give it some time to rest at least overnight and hydrate it. You can do this by applying to your cuticles a suitable amount of Aquaphor or even Vaseline. Simply rub it gently into your nails before you head off to bed.
Follow these tips and you will be able to enjoy all the advantages of using a long-lasting nail polish – but without the hassles of removing it – and you’ll be keeping your nails in a healthy condition too.
There’s a lot of organization involved in a wedding. Whilst some roles can be carried out by friends and family, other tasks may be best placed in the hands of professionals in order to ensure things run smoothly. Here are some of those professionals that may be worth hiring (although not all are necessary).
- Over the past few years, we have heard some of the most bizarre beauty hacks from celebrities, as well as the most brilliant. To save you the trouble of searching for each and every one of them, we have put together a collection of the best below.Olive oil face wash – We usually use olive oil to cook our stir-fries, but Chloe Moretz washes her face with it. The American actress uses olive oil to combat acne. She told Allure that her skin was much clearer because of it.
Image Source: Flickr
Coca-Cola shampoo – If you thought washing your face with olive oil was a weird one, how about washing your hair with Coca-Cola? Suki Waterhouse claims that she washes her hair with the fizzy drink to give it some added texture. She said Coca-Cola gives her hair a tousled look and feel like she has “gone through the Amazon or something.”Apply eyeshadow with a cotton bud – From the downright weird to the completely practical, Pixie Lott has provided us with a beauty tip that does not involve using food or drink-based products. The singer says she applies her eyeshadow with a cotton bud; to give her a look that is smoldering but not harsh.Rhinoplasty – Plastic surgery is not for everyone, but it is something a lot of celebrities have embraced. Hollywood favorite, Jennifer Aniston, and Glee bombshell, Dianna Agron, have both had surgery on their nose. In fact, the procedures from Carolina Facial Plastic Surgery are carried out by a doctor that studied under the specialists that performed rhinoplasty surgeries on the likes of Jennifer Aniston and Ashley Simpson.Condiments for shiny hair – Back to the food-based DIY treatments! Blake Lively is certainly one to take advice from when it comes to shiny hair. Her golden, luscious locks are her trademark, and there is a surprising reason why her hair glistens. She follows a piece of advice provided by her mom; she applies mayonnaise or oil to the bottom half of her hair before she gets in the shower. This stops the shampoo from stripping the bottom of her hair and drying it out; giving it that awful, brittle texture.
Image Source: FlickrUpside down makeup – Model Bella Hadid gets her makeup artist to apply her makeup while her head is upside down. She feels it results in a more ‘natural’ finish. Of course, if you apply your own makeup, this will be a little bit tricky. For more practical tips from celebrity makeup tips, Marie Claire has the answers.Apply with a toothbrush – Margot Robbie shot to fame after her stint in the Wolf of Wall Street, and now we are all a little bit obsessed with the Aussie star. She has some great beauty hacks as well! She uses a toothbrush to blend her foundation into her hairline so that it all blends.
From the practical to the downright weird, we hope you love these unique celebrity beauty hacks and tips. Now, to the grocery store to buy a toothbrush, olive oil, and some Coca-Cola!
- We all have to face facts that cellulite happens to the best of us. That doesn’t change the fact, however, that most of us hate it and wish the darn stuff would magically disappear. We all know, however, that sadly it’s just not that easy.We are inundated with fancy and expensive creams claiming that they can eradicate our orange peel skin within a few weeks. We’ve tried them and they just don’t work. So what next? Is the fight against dimply thighs and bottoms hopeless? Absolutely not. Where expensive creams fail, other more subtle methods prevail, so read on for our cellulite busting tips that actually work.
Image Source: Flickr
Daily Massages & Exfoliation
Body brushing, exfoliation gloves and daily massage are the heart of any cellulite busting regime. Though it may seem like a chore to spend 5 minutes body brushing before a shower or spending 5 minutes in the shower exfoliating your body with an exfoliating mitten, let us assure you, it’s well worth the bother.
Exfoliating, massaging and brushing not only gets rid of dry skin and reveals more youthful, glowing skin, it also works to increase the blood circulation and lymphatic drainage in our bodies. Therefore, investing in a super cheap exfoliating body mitt, body brush or even treating yourself to a full on body massage folsom, is well worth the money. You can even make your own homemade exfoliating lotion with coconut oil and salt, so budget is not an issue. Making sure you are stimulating sufficient oxygen to your body and restoring flexibility to your skin is the best place to start in the struggle against cellulite.
When it comes to truly busting cellulite cardio is king. In a nutshell, the harder you work and the more you sweat, the more fat you’ll burn and the thinner the layer of dimply skin will be in all our typical ‘problem areas’.
Circuit training is one of the top cardio exercises for women looking to firm up those thighs, tums and bums as they offer short bursts of high-intensity exercise, that prove to be much more effective when it comes to burning body fat. That is apparently due to the fact that your body burns carbs when it needs energy but it burns fat during recovery, in order to produce the energy it needs to help your body recover. Therefore shorter bouts of high-intensity exercise prove to be more effective than more long-winded, more relaxed forms of exercise when it comes to smoothing out those ‘softer’ areas that we’d all like to see gone, once and for all.
O2Chugging those glasses of the good stuff is one of the easiest ways to bust cellulite. Drinking two liters of water a day will keep the skin hydrated and will flush out all the toxins that accumulate from an unhealthy lifestyle. Keeping skin youthful and and fresh all starts with what we put in our bodies and water is the pinnacle daily driving force in achieving the gorgeous skin we all desire.
We all change throughout our lives, sometimes in extreme ways. In a world where nothing is stable, we are no different. Our experiences, the people we meet, and the places we go, all come together to make us who we are. But, through all that change, one thing stays pretty much the same; our scars.
These are constant reminders of our past and unwelcome additions to our appearance. They can become a huge source of anxiety. Plus, they make it impossible to move away from who we once were. The trouble is, our past becomes a source of shame for many of us. And, those scars ensure we never forget it. We’re going to look at a few of the biggest problem areas for scars, and the steps you can take to deal with them.
- There’s something beautiful about accessories, isn’t there? It seems no matter what you wear – be it a scarf, a necklace or a headband – your accessories can tell people a lot about you. It can show them whether you care about how classy you look, whether you love to stand out from the crowd with a splash of colour or whether you simply love to dress up a plain outfit or not. One of the only things that separates us women from the animals is our ability to choose and wear gorgeous accessories, and we should be making the most of this.
Image Source: WikimediaYou can dress up even the most boring of outfits simply by adding accessories. Swapping your usual uniform black heels at work for another, brighter colour like red or blue can change your outfit and give you some sparkle. The thing about accessories is that they show off your personality. Many clothes that are made for the workplace are quite uniform – and for good reason. The workplace is a professional environment and oozing sophistication is important to give a good impression. We spend most of our lives in the workplace, which loosely translates that we spend a lot of time wearing boring clothes! Jazzing those work suits up by switching plain stud earrings for dangly ones with flowers on them and adding brooches to your jacket are just the start. Work wear needs to be professional, but professional doesn’t mean boring. Loop that Hermes scarf into your belt loops instead of tying it around your neck, or wrap it around your wrist as a bracelet substitute. There are so many ways you can turn a work outfit into one that is unique and beautiful. Image Source: MaxPixelMany people look for workout wear as the new year draws in, and neon shoelaces on your gym shoes can make workout wear look almost fun. While you cannot wear jewelry that is heavy or too big when working out, you can still change out your FitBit wristband to look funky and give your outfit pizazz. It’s all about working with colours and styles that suit you. Checking out the current accessories trends will also do you some favours so that you can be on point with your style solutions for your outfits. We all know that adding heels to a simple jeans and t-shirt outfit can instantly change how it looks, but it’s the same when you add a choker. Some of the most popular accessories are metallic at the moment. Think shiny gold belts and bronze gladiator sandals like these ones. Think unique necklaces of rose gold, silver and yellow gold and tear drop earrings with birthstones on the end. These sorts of accessories can change a whole outfit with just one addition, so don’t write it off.
Image Source: MaxpixelWhen you look at the accessories you use, do you find you’re sticking to the same styles and colours? Perhaps a change would be in order if you are looking to jazz your style. In the same way that you would dye your hair when you get bored of the colour, the way you accessorize has to evolve, too. When you were a teenager, you might have chosen to stick with delicate costume jewelry or big, ornamental hair clips in the shape of lizards or butterflies. The teenage years is where we develop our individual style and for most, discover the delicate metals that make our accessories sparkle that bit more. Thankfully, when we grow out of those years, we develop a better sense of personal style. Accessories help to accentuate that style and make our outfits a lot more glamorous!
Image Source: PexelsThe best thing? Accessories don’t have to be expensive! You can make your whole look shine on a budget if you don’t have the money to throw around on pretty additions. You could even attempt to make your own accessories and there are plenty of materials and guides like this online where you can follow the steps and beautify on a budget. Whether you go for metal additions like necklaces and bracelets or cloth scarves and fake jewels, you can make your outfit stand out from the crowd. Never be afraid to be a little unique with your choices, as there’s nothing wrong with showing off your style. Accessories can give you confidence and help you to exude sophistication, so jazz up that outfit with a rose gold locket or two and watch those heads turn!
- Who isn’t frustrated when it comes to having that perfect white smile we could flaunt around?Every single day, after looking in front of the mirror enjoying that “me” time to brush your teeth, you get to imagine how ads and commercials make celebrities’ teeth whiter without edits. Let’s face it, for a lot of us, pearly whites have become more of a pastel yellow. Diet, age, and bad eating habits may seem to take a toll on our mouths leading to tooth decay and tooth discoloration. Whatever edits we do, even those who take excellent care of their teeth could attest how it may sound impossible to retain tooth color back from when we were younger.
Image Source: PexelsThe worst thing is even our teeth need a vacation from toothpaste and tooth whitening products because of its harmful side-effects. Why? Whitening toothpaste has some disadvantages because they don’t primarily whiten your teeth. These products contain an abrasive that grinds away stains on the enamel, making our teeth shine brighter. Here’s a thing: regular harsh use could make your teeth an avenue to get stained more easily—leading to dulling of veneers and crowns.
But there’s always something to remedy this problem. A little help from homemade materials in this teeth whitening kit could solve it.
1. Coconut OilCoconut oil doesn’t sound like the most pleasant thing in the world, but it does make a difference in the color of your teeth. It is also supposed to promote gum health and help keep your breath fresh.Coconut oil is considered to be one of the good agents in stain-decreasing products. In research released, coconut oil contains lauric acid; a means to break down bacteria. Like apple cider vinegar, it doesn’t guarantee the immediate solution, so a regular usage would give the best effect. One of the safest to use—unlike baking soda-based whiteners—daily at any amount of coconut oil can work.But for regular use, coconut oil, mixed with a few crushed peppermint leaves could greatly help eliminate some surface bacteria that make teeth yellow with a minty finish.
2. Baking Soda paired with Hydrogen Peroxide or Lemon JuiceBaking Soda isn’t new here. It’s very alkaline and balances acidic mouth levels to a proper Ph and releases free radicals that break down stain-causing molecules on tooth enamel. As you should know, acidity deteriorates enamel when in high concentrations. Otherwise known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda is mildly abrasive causing gentle grind son surface stains to return teeth to a whiter shade.When paired with lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide, baking soda could reduce the acidity acting as a natural bleach of sorts.You could make a concentrate to make a paste out of these two by combining about two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon of baking soda and apply like toothpaste during your brushing hours. To make sure the paste isn’t gritty, use less baking soda.Wait for the paste to stand for about a minute and then rinse so no distaste from either of both components could be left over.Make sure to limit the use of your paste to two or three times a week as it would cause sensitivity when abused—maintain a regular non-excessive oral care regimen.
3. Apple Cider VinegarOf course, Apple cider vinegar has always been helpful.It is a multi-use household product, and Reader’s Digest recommends its usage for natural whitening. Using it in combination with baking soda helps erase stains and shines teeth. You can also gargle this solution regularly over time to answer other tooth discolorations. However, the results of using apple cider vinegar aren’t instant, but it will be worth it over a period of weeks.To make a compliment with baking soda for your teeth whitening paste, two parts apple cider vinegar is ideal. For the second time, less is more when it comes to sodium bicarbonate. You could use this solution a few times a week or solely use the apple cider vinegar as a mild mouth rinse along with your regular oral care.
4. Whitening StripsEverybody wants that million-dollar smile, and with this new teeth whitening product debuting in the market, it’s one of the best options for everyone.
Whitening strips are over the counter which would contribute visible results as early as three days. On average, depending on teeth color, you can expect to see results in about seven days. After a full treatment, you can expect the results to last between six months and a year. You can also look at some before and after pictures of a customer, so you know what works best.Toothpaste is a typical, everyday item, but have you ever tried read its labels and contents? Commercial dental pastes usually comprise one or more of these damaging ingredients unknown to you or your teeth. These ingredients are there often set up in known natural brands of toothpaste. It is for you, a wise choice, to read all labels very carefully.An example component is a fluoride; fluoride is fast recognized as the potentially dangerous element being sold under the show of “good for teeth.” Slowly but surely, a fluoride-free publicity is being put into order to ensure there is no more exposure to it.One unfortunate truth about fluoride, as of now, is dementia in humans. Due to exposure to fluoride, is said to double in the next two decades and triple in three.Creating your own teeth whitening paste is enjoyable. It increases the glare of your smile and rounds the foods and drinks that are the worst in staining your set of teeth in the first place.Remember that using homemade tooth whitening paste as your only oral care tool isn’t optimal for good mouth health. Keeping up with your routine of proper flossing and dentist check-ups are the best things to do in maintaining a healthy pearly smile.If you haven’t had any routines at all, you can start using these tips as your whitening kit for your teeth as your daily, or if not, natural remedies. At all cost, stick to it, to have the glare that you wanted.More so, it’s honestly common knowledge, and difficult to conquer in today’s world, but try to avoid dark drinks, such as coke and coffee that stain your teeth. Most of all, try to avoid using tobacco or cigarettes which induce tooth discoloration.Just round about the corner and find your own homemade teeth whitening kit using these natural products.
- OK, so hair loss is a bit of a sensitive issue. It can be embarrassing and really affect our self-esteem. But I’m here to tell you that it’s not the end of the world. There are things that can be done about it. So even if you do find yourself looking in the mirror and saying: “Where the h*** has my hair gone?!,” you don’t have to accept the situation.
Firstly, before getting into the treatment of hair loss, let’s look at what can be done in the interim period. You can style your hair to cover that part that is balding. Also this need to be done carefully, as it can look a little strange.
The other option you may want to consider is wigs. Wigs are a truly fantastic invention that has been around forever! Even folks that don’t have hair loss wear wigs!
Image Source: Pixabay
Wigs are easier to style than your own hair, as you can do it when they are not in your head. You also get loads of variety if you are a wig wearer. Meaning you get to sport more outlandish styles and colors that perhaps you would do with your own natural hair.There are two main types of wigs, ones made from real hair and synthetic ones. If you are going for a natural look, then a real hair wig is best. Although you can get that shiny look out of a synthetic one by soaking it in a bowl of fabric softener overnight.
While you may be happy to wear wigs, that doesn’t mean that you don’t still want you hair loss problem sorted out. One way that you can do this is to go for a hair transplant.A hair transplant a is a surgery where they remove hair from your body and transplant it into your scalp.It’s also known as hair plugs, and it’s quite popular with celebrities and actors, which you can read more about here.
However, the problem, with hair transplants is that they aren’t cheap. That means they are out of reach for many people. So if you have a hair loss problem, but don’t regularly walk the red carpet what you can do?
Well, try looking at other products that are on the market, designed for thinning hair. You can get shampoo for hair loss now. Something that is super easy to maintain because you just replace your normal shampoo with it when you wash your hair.
There are also some hair growth serums on the market that can be useful in this situation. This is because they are designed to stimulate the follicles. Something that can encourage faster regrowth.
Image Source: Pixabay
Lastly, if you’re not so keen to surgery or commercial products then why not have a go at making some of your own natural remedies at home for hair loss?
Olive oil massages are said to help stimulate the blood flow in the scalp area, to help regrowth. You can even include aloe vera to this mix, as this will help to strengthen hair and reduces any irritation on the scalp.