Some people are lucky enough to never have an acne breakout, but there are many who have not been so lucky. While most people would complain about the acne on their face, it can actually happen on any part of your body.
Sometimes the acne is bad enough that some people lose confidence over how they look. Some acne is very severe that they become too inflamed and results in serious scarring on the face or other parts of the body. Acne affects both men and women, albeit a little bit differently. Men tend to experience acne breakouts when they are younger, while women can experience them even until they turn 40.
In order to reduce the occurrence of acne flare-ups, try some of the tips below so that your skin will improve.
1. Eat healthily – if you are used to eating greasy food, you might want o to cut back on that as it may be linked to your skin breaking out. It was in 2010 when researchers have found out that there are certain types of food that could increase the chances of acne occurring. Some of those are fast food, food that is high in sugar and junk food. In order not to trigger your acne breakout, stick to healthy food like fish, green tea, and probiotics.
2. Exercise regularly- It would also help if you exercise regularly as this helps flush out the toxins in your skin and prevents skin breakouts from happening. Exercising keeps the blood flowing on your body giving it a youthful glow.
3. Maintain good hygiene – bad hygiene per se is not the root cause of acne, but it can lead up to it. Acne happens when there is a more than the normal amount of oil or sebum in the follicles. Because of the sebum, along with the cells, it brings with it up to the surface of the skin, the pores become clogged. That becomes a pimple and when the bacteria in, it becomes inflamed. That’s why it is a good idea to maintain good hygiene, making sure your body and face are always clean. Establish a regular skin regimen so that your pores will always be free from extra oil that clogs it.
4. Be careful with the skin care products you choose – whether it’s cosmetics or just cleaning your face and body, you need to make sure that your skincare products are non-comedogenic and oil-free. You do not want to irritate your skin further if the makeup you are using is not hypoallergenic. The same is true for the soap or body wash you use during your shower or bath. Be careful in reading the labels of your face soap, lotion and body wash so that you will not aggravate your skin. You may have found the perfect face wash, but your body wash should also be given consideration if you tend to have acne in your body. Check out this list of the best body wash for acne that you can buy.
5. Change your pillowcase and beddings every week – you may not realize that dirt has already built up on your beddings and because your skin is in contact with it, your skin becomes clogged with dirt too. Make it a point to regularly wash your linen so that you can avoid getting pimples.