Struggling to apply liquid eyeliner? Here are a few tips that will help you with applying liquid eyeliner with ease.
- Let the liquid eyeliner dry after applying to avoid liner going into the crease. Keep your eyes closed for at least 30 seconds, so that the liner is being prevented from being pressed against your upper lids.
- Applying primer before using liquid liner helps to hold the liner in place, whether eye primer or concealer. It also prevents your lids from becoming greasy and picking up color where it shouldn’t.
- Seal the drawn shape of choice with powder; this can be achieved by using an angled eyeliner brush and a powder eyeshadow over the liner.
- Apply liquid liner before mascara, so that lashes do not displace, which can cause clumping.
- Use it on your entire lids, especially for a long-wear shadow.
- Using gel formula liquid liner with a brush over your entire lid for an eye makeup look will last longer too.
- Trying to achieve the cat eye look; line the upper lid all the way into the corner to make your eyes look wider.
- For a steady clean line, relax your eyes and gently pull the lid.
- If your hand is shaky, prop your elbow on a counter, so your arm will be still while applying the liner
- Waterproof liners will stay in place all day long
- Make it thicker in the center, makes the eyes look bigger and more awake.
* To prevent strayed mascara marks from messing up your makeup use a mascara and shadow shield wand; if not then hold a business card or plastic spoon up over your lid to guard it against getting marks.