Makeup has never been so big. As soon as you look at social media, you’ll be bombarded with videos of all different kinds of girls and guys showing you their makeup tricks through a fun tutorial full of bloopers, spots, and all. The world has seemed to open up about their morning and evening routines, as once upon a time they would have been kept a secret so no one would know how they did this sorcery! But thank goodness the Queens and Kings of makeup have shared their secrets with all of us, and aren’t embarrassed by showing us their true face behind it all. Now you can see spots, scarring, pigmentation, and undereye circles – and exactly what you need to cover them up. While also showing the world that we all have our own issues and areas that we don’t like, or make us feel embarrassed and insecure.
On the catwalk this autumn it’s all about the earthy tones, rich textures, and orange hues, which means that makeup tones that are on-trend will be similar. When it comes to makeup, each year the on-trend looks for each season change slightly, depending what the colour of the season is. Of course, that being said, each year it is berry tones that take over when it comes to lipsticks, but that tends to be the only part of autumnal makeup that stays the same. When it comes to eyeshadow looks, trends tend to change each year.
To help you ensure that you stay on-trend this autumn with your eyeshadow, below are, a few autumnal eyeshadow looks to test out, as well as some tips for which eyeshadows are the best to use.
What are the best autumnal eyeshadow palettes?
When it comes to which eyeshadow palettes offer the widest selection of autumnal colours, it can be hard to choose. However, some of the best eyeshadow palettes include Too Faced Just Peachy, Huda Beauty Desert Dust, and Morphe 350. These are all matte-look eyeshadow palettes. For eyeshadow that has a shimmer to it, eyeshadows like the Makeup Geek foiled eyeshadows or the Colour Pop Super Shock Shadow.
What looks are most on-trend this autumn?
One of the most on-trend eyeshadow looks this autumn is the smokey eye. To create a gorgeous autumnal smokey eye, you will need three eyeshadow shades, each in varying lightnesses. Start by applying the lightest shade to the corners of your eye and to the brow bone, then apply the middle shade over the entire eyelid. Apply the darkest shade to the corners of your eyes and the crease, and carefully blend. Place a small amount of the darkest shade under your lower eyelid and blend in. For autumn smokey eyes, using foil-hued colours, like silver, gold, and copper can work well.
Another eyeshadow style that can work well when it comes to autumn is a cut crease. For a cut crease eyeshadow look, you will need three eyeshadow shades. Ideally, you want these to be three different shades of the same colour or tone. Start off by covering your entire eyelid in the lightest colour, then apply the darkest shade from the crease up towards the brow bone. Apply a small amount of the middle colour to the edges of the shadow and blend. This will create that cut crease look that you are looking for.
To create a beautiful snow globe eyeshadow look, you will need three to four colours. For an autumn look, using autumnal shades like copper, gold, and grey can work well. Start by applying the lightest shade across the whole eyelid and under the eye, followed by applying the middle shade to the corner of the eye, and below the lid, carefully blending it in. To top the look off, adding the darkest colour to the edges of each eye tends to work well, just make sure to blend it in.
There you have it, everything that you need to know about getting your autumnal eyeshadow looks spot on.
- I am totally impress with this product ‘Ambrosia Cosmetics Eye Fx Eyeshadow Primer.’ I love to see an eye shadow that is popping with pigments whether bold or nude on any and every skin tone. This is what the Ambrosia Cosmetics Eye Fx Eyeshadow Primer does; it enhances the quality of the eye shadow by providing a strong hold and colour vibrancy.
The product is creamy and glides onto eyes smoothly by using the tip of a flat brush.With the Ambrosia Cosmetics Eye Fx Eyeshadow Primer I did not experience any product fall out, creasing or wrinkling in my eye area. The product does not tug while being applied as it goes on smoothly. Blending in eyeshadow is also easy with this product.
There were no signs of colour fading after wearing my eyeshadow for several hours. And as the rule says a little goes a long way, so no excessive use of the product to get your eyeshadow to pop.
The Ambrosia Cosmetics Eye Fx Eyeshadow Primer comes in a 10-gram container with material made from polyethylene and terephthalate. The product can be easily identified with the labeling on top cover. Anyhow, the product is not 100% easy to come by as it is not widely available. It is made in Trinidad and sold for TT$12.
Also, check out this blogger reviews on her selection of products.
- I love a good wing liner even though I don’t normally get it right on the first try. I mostly wear wing liner when I’m looking to achieve a natural look or I don’t have much time to apply eyeshadow to my lids. The Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Eye Liner helps me to achieve a super defined and sharper look wing liner. With the brush tip applicator, the liner glides on smoothly. I also felt that I had to go over the same area several times to make a deep black line. To get it more pigmented I had to wipe the product on the back of my hands to help the product flow out much easier.
The formula is pigmented, it gives off an opaque intense black, matte finish. The staying power is long and it does not dry and chips off like some liner.Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liquid Eye Liner in Trooper ($20.00 for .02 oz.) comes in a black pen-like design with a brush tip applicator. The packaging is sleek and sturdy. The cap prevents the liquid from drying out and it snaps when being closed that way you know the cap fastens and the product will not stay drying out.
The tip of the Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Eye Liner is made from synthetic hairs packed together in a pointed shape that allows for a more precise eyeliner application.
Kat Von D Tattoo Liquid Eye Liner is easy to use, precise, long staying power and I did not notice any form of dragging while applying the product to my eyelids.
Also, check out this blogger reviews on her selection of products.
Okay, here’s the deal. Makeup can make you look makeup. But the million dollar question is how do you get that perfect makeup that will make your eyes pop? There are things you can do to ensure that your makeup lasts all day long and gives you that perfect look. I’m going to share with you 10 essential eye makeup tips and tricks that I use and teach my students.I hope to give you some inspiration and a little bit more creativity. I assure you that these tips will help on a day-to-day basis with your eyes and eyebrows.
1. How to Lift and Define Your EyebrowYou need to try this priceless trick if you want to define and lift your eyebrows as well as open up your eyes. You will need some concealers and a concealer brush that has a good precision and is also waterproofed.Starting on top of your eyebrows, make sure your face is relaxed. Then, look straight into the mirror and line the concealer around your eyebrow. Make sure to follow the line of your natural brow shape. Before you blend the makeup on top of your eyebrow, take a little more concealer and do the same thing on the bottom portion of your eyebrow.Make sure you connect the concealer on the very end. Take the same brush, wipe off the excess, then go back in and just blend the concealer out. On the bottom part, you will need to do very gently, tiny strokes going down.To set the concealer, take the same brush and some powder. Then, put it on top of the concealer to make sure it stays full all day long.
2. How to Make Your Eyes Appear Bigger?OK, I am sure you guys have heard this joke before but I am still going to ask you. Which body parts grow ten times its size when stimulated? Think about this. Wait! It’s your pupils!This trick is for those that like their eyes bigger. It suits most of the skin tones. Don’t worry; it’s quite simple. All you need is a white eye pencil or a nude eye pencil.Starting with a white pencil, apply it straight onto your waterline. Doing this will instantly make your eyes looking larger. You can also try the nude eye pencil which is not as noticeable as the white pencil. Voila!
3. Tape to Help Guide Eyeliner or Eyes ShadowThis next trick is going to help you to guide your eyeliner, or even help you guide the process of blending your eyeshadows. For this, all you need is some scotch tape.Place the tape right underneath your lower lash line and align it with your eyebrow. This is going to end right below the eyebrow. When putting on the eyeshadow, I usually start by using one or two darker shades.Next, I blend it with my fluffy brush using the tape as my guide. After this, you need to start drawing a line right on top of the tape. With this, you get to see how great the tape is a template to help guide your eyeliner and eyeshadow. Remove the tape and you’re done!
4. Ultimate Tape MethodThis method is a little bit trickier. You are going to apply a tape like you did before. Then you are going to layer another piece of tape on top of your eyelid to create a triangle on the outer corner of your eye.This is going to be your winged liner. Fill between the two pieces of tape and remove them. After that, you need to go back into the middle and the inner corner of your eye to fill in any gaps between the tapes. And that will be your winged liner.
5. Join the DotsThis eye makeup tip is a popular method called Join the Dots. All you do is draw a few dots on top of your lash line. Keep them as close to your lash line as possible but make sure you can still see them.
Go all the way out to where you want your wing to be. Then all you need to do is get your eyeliner, join the dots, and you are ready to go.
6. How to Make Your Eyes Appear Brighter, Wider and More AwakeDo you want someone to see you as the light of their life? If yes, then try this trick. You will need a bright eyeshadow and a brush. Apply the makeup in the inner corner of your eyes and a little bit to the side. Next step is to take the same brush with the same eyeshadow and use it in the middle of your eyelid.Then you can start blending it a little bit. The last step of becoming someone’s light of their life is to take the same brush and eyeshadow and highlight the brow bone.
7. How to Make Your Eyeliner Sharp and BrightYou will need a concealer and a tiny little precision or concealer brush. Firstly, line your eyeliner, then take the concealer brush with the concealer on and start applying it to the outer corner of your eyes.Use your finger to blend out the excess. Once the concealer is blended, take some translucent loose powder on the same brush. Using the brush set the concealer in place. Doing this will make your eyeliner look so sharp and bright.
8. How to coat the lower lash line with mascara without the cleanupThis eye makeup tip is a simple trick that will make your life a little bit easier. All you need is a card, the business card works great, or you can use the tape method as well. But I prefer the card because I can hold it to where I need it to be.You will need to place it underneath your eyelashes and start applying the mascara. This little card trick is great because:• It spreads the mascara evenly and makes it less clunky• You don’t have to do a lot of cleanups afterward
9. How to Fix Uneven Eyeliner
Another eye makeup tip you’d want to learn about is how to fix uneven eyeliner. Let’s say you are drawing your eyeliner on your top lash line, and one side is thicker, or it’s messier than the other side. And you just don’t have the time to go back, rinse it and restart the whole process again.All you need is a metallic darker eyeshadow. I like the gray shade, but you can also use the brown shade as well. Don’t go for black, but stick to either brown or gray.So, what you need to do is to take some eyeshadow using a tiny smudge brush and start from the outer corner of your eye smudging the eyeliner. This eye makeup trick creates a softer smoky look to the eyeliner.
10. How to Get the Most Color Payoff and Vibrancy from the Eye ShadowWhen you are doing your eyes, the question is how do you get the best from that particular eyeshadow?The trick is primer! Don’t just use any old shadow primer. Go for a white eye pencil primer. Take the white eye pencil and apply it wherever you’re going to place the eyeshadow. Get your ring finger and just slightly blend out the edges. Apply eyeshadow to it, and you will see the colors pop!
When it comes to having a perfect eye makeup, you have to be creative and keep an eye out for new beauty tips and tricks. So, what can you take away from this detailed guide to having the perfect makeup for your eyes? I hope some of these were able to inspire you to do your makeup a little different!
Comments and shares are welcomed!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of Beauty that walks as a whole.Author bio: Rebecca Brown is a makeup artist working at Bronwyn Conroy, the leading private Beauty School providing beauty therapy courses in Ireland.
- When we hear the word naked, the first thing that comes to mind does not involves makeup. Well I would like to take the time and talk about my experience of this product by Urban Decay that I have found interest in testing and reviewing. It has been around the market for awhile now but it’s too good not to talk about. This palette is a follow up of the best selling Naked palette, so not only do they have Naked 2 palette on the market, a variety of Naked palettes can be found and occasionally the Naked Vault is offered as a limited edition. In the Naked Vault you can find all the series of the Naked palettes, including the Naked Smoky Palette. With that much Urban Decay Naked Palette around it can be difficult to choose which one to purchase and you might end up getting all.
Urban Decay Naked 2
The Urban Decay Naked 2 is an eye shadow pallete that has a dozen rich pigment taupe and gray-beige neutrals and five other exclusive shades. The palette includes an array of shades from pale to deep, matte and sparkly. This palette can be used to achieve a neutral look for every day wear, and a smoky dramatic eyes for the perfect occasion. If you are in need of a brush to apply your shades this is also a feature of the palette as it is equipped with a double ended cruelty-free Good Karma Shadow/Crease Brush that is perfect for the crease area and blending. This brush is only available in this palette.
Urban Decay Naked 2
This set contains:1 double ended Good Karma Shadow and Crease brush and 12 x ).05 oz eye shadows in the shade
The packaging reminds me of the geometry set that I had use while I was in high school. It is a tin case with a hinged lid, it’s smooth and cool to the touch.The quality of the shadow is amazing, highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. Wearing these shadows will make your eyes pop and seeing that they are neutrals they will compliment any other color you choose to wear them with. The brush is perfect for blending and product placement, it also comes with a rectangular size mirror which is a plus especially if you are on the go.
- Foxy – cream bisque with matte finish
- Half Baked – golden bronze with shimmering finish
- Booty call – shimmering cork
- Chopper – copper shimmer with silver micro-glitter
- Tease – creamy pale brown with matte finish
- Snake Bite – dark bronze shimmer with metallic base
- Suspect – pale golden beige with shimmering finish
- Pistol – light gray-brown with shimmering finish
- Verve – oyster with shimmering finish
- YDK – cool bronze shimmer with metallic base
- Busted – deep brown with shimmering finish
- Black out – blackest black with matte finish
Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Palette
Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca limited edition palette is a vintage record inspired eyeshadow palette, it can be considered as a color wheel filled with brights that represent the rainbow and neutrals for the everyday look.
The neutrals are perfect for seamlessly tying in brights together, great for highlighting under the brow, inner corner, deepening edges, creating transition shades and for that natural everyday look.
Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Color Wheel Palette
The color wheel was designed universally, so that any color you choose to wear it will look good together regardless of brights and neutrals. The palette features an inner wheel of seven nudes and neutrals surrounded by an outer wheel of 17 vivid bright colors. Each shade is named for one of Kat’s cult favorite Studded Kiss Lipstick shades.This palette contains 24 x 0.04 eye shadow in
An illustrated guide is also included inside the packaging. This guide shows the various ways you can use the array of colors from the palette to create your own look or to recreate.The name of the palette was inspired by one of Kat’s favorite tattoo, meaning “My Crazy Life” in Spanish. The packaging features an original pot rain drawn by Kat Von D herself. If you feel the packaging is too big for you and hard to travel with you can easily depot it into a Z Palette. I personally like the packaging and it sits well on my vanity.This palette is perfect for the every day and smokey eye look. Also seeing that it has 24 colors you get to play and experiment with the color combination to create numerous of looks. The palette has just the right balance of colors both brights and neutral with finishes written all over it, a little bit of shimmer but no chunky glittery shades. If you are not a fan of bright colors you can blend them with more natural colors for it to be less intense and wearable.
- Muse – lilac purple
- Echo – purple glitter
- Dark Wave – deep navy
- Synth – electric blue
- Hyperballad – sea blue
- Lemme – grass green
- Misfit – Kelly green
- Vinyl – neon green
- Legend -golden yellow
- Fran – deep mustard yellow
- Analogue – burnt orange
- Harpsichord – metallic bronze
- Rewind – aubergine
- Destroyer – bright strawberry
- Swoon -fuchsia
- Love – shimmery rose
- Anthem – purple
- Vox – chocolate brown
- Moulder – butter yellow
- Noble – nude
- Skulls – iridium entry pearl
- Black Metal – matte black
- Lyric -white pearl
- Strutted – taupe
Sephora Z Palette
Depotting makeup whether eyeshadow, lipstick or blushes it can become messy but nevertheless, you will love the end result of having all of your products in one place. This baby Z-Palette from Sephora is almost the size of an entire palm. It comes in very handy as I can store single shadows inside of it.
When you have single eye shadows, blushes or bronzers the first place you look to store them all in one place is by using a customizable Z-palette. This Z-Palette from Sephora comes along with sizable metal stickers and a collection key to pry the pan out of the container.
Not all makeup brands make products in pans that are magnetic, so the metal stickers should be used for these non-magnetic pans. The metal stickers are easy to use: peel and stick the metal sticker onto the bottom of the product pan and into the Z-palette.
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
- Price: $25.20
- Price: $19.80
- Price: $18.00Was: $20.00
- Price: $18.00Was: $20.00
- Price: $7.99
Sephora Z-Palette with Metal Stickers and Sephora Collection Key
If you have single eye shadows, blushes or bronzers in pots you can easily de-pot them using the prying method or the straightening iron method. It depends on the strength and amount of glue used to hold the product to the container. It is very simple as long as you follow each method precisely.
The Prying Method
1. Use the included Sephora Collection key to gently pry the pan out of the container. If you notice a crack in the shadow while using this method stop and move onto the next method using heat.
The Straightening Iron Method
2. Place product on the bottom plate of flat iron for a few minutes until the glue holding the shadow pan has warmed up. Then lift the shadow out with a small knife, tweezers or spatula and allow it to cool. Once cooled, remove the excess glue by using rubbing alcohol or acetone, then proceed to place pans in Z-palette or attached the metal sticker if the pan is not magnetic.
Sephora (Baby) Z-palette along with single shadows and blush
If any shadow breakage occurs during any of the removal methods, it is possible to saturate the shadow by pouring rubbing alcohol on it and use a spatula to smooth it back together, you can also use a clear wrapper and smooth the shadow with your finger. One the shadow is dry it is ready to be used again.
Sephora Z-Palette & Depotted shadows
This is how my depotted eyeshadow and blush looking after I pry it from the container and insert it into the Z-palette. I did not have to use any of the metal stickers as my pans were already magnetic, so they stick to the Z-palette as soon as I put them in place. The Sephora (Baby) Z-palette will hold an estimation of 5-8 pans depending on the size of your single makeups. It also has a clear window that allows the viewing of the single makeups while the Z-palette lid is closed.
Are you a makeup junkie? If yes, then Urban Decay has something in store for you. Get this exclusive palette that will be available on November 22, 2015 at Urban Decay website or at the flagship store in Newport Beach, CA. Until then, you can watch as Wende reveals a sneak peek of the details behind the collaboration with Urban Decay and Gwen Stefani.
15 Shades – Customized Case – All GwenWill you be getting this palette?What’s your thoughts about it?
We love when our brows are on fleek. There are several ways to achieve this and finding the right product is a starter. Follow this easy Diy Dipbrow Pomade instruction for an easy application to fill in your brows.
What you will need for DIY Dip Brow Pomade
- Coconut oil
- Pot of simmering water
- Oil of choice ( hair oil, almond oil, olive oil etc.)
- Cold jug
- Eyeshadows (mix of browns, black or colour of your choice)
- Small container
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
- Price: Check on Amazon
Follow the provided stepsStep 1: Place 2 tablespoons of beeswax and coconut oil into a glass bowl.Step 2: Proceed to melt over a simmering pot of water.Step 3: Once melted add a few drops of your choice of oil to the mixture and stir togetherStep 4: You can pour the mixture into a cool jug while continuing to mix that way it will cool down faster.Step 5: Add 2 tablespoon eyeshadow of choice to the mixture and mix, mix, mix until it has a smooth and creamy consistency.
Step 6: Transfer into a small container and it should be ready for use.
If you tried this method of making your own dip brow, write your feedback in the comment box below.
Ipsy is a monthly subscription service that delivers an exquisite glam bag filled with 4-5 beauty products to your door only for a low price of $10 monthly or $110 yearly. At signup you will get a personalized quiz that will be used to curate your glam bag by Michelle Phan. The monthly glam bags are shipped to the US and Canada. Shipping in the US is free but to ship to Canada a small fee will be charged and it all depends on the exchange rate. Interested in Ipsy, then subscribe here.The bag is of waterproof material that has Ipsy imprinted on one side of the bag. The zip is of an orange coral shade and the bag is black.My June Glam Bag consist of:IT Cosmetics Brow Power Universal Eyebrow PencilThis brow pencil gives the brow a natural look and since it is a universal pencil it adjust to your natural brow color. It is a double ended pencil so you have a spooley brush at one end that you can use to lightly brush through your brows and the universal transforming shade adjust one the other end which you will use to define and create that perfect brow. Lighter strokes must be used to match lighter color hair including blonde and silver. To match darker hair one should press harder when applying the pencil to the brow this includes medium brown to black.Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation PrimerThe Smashbox Primer is oil free and only a pea size is needed for the entire face, to create a canvas to layer your foundation etc. I have used this primer prior receiving it in my ipsy glam bag and I like how it helps my makeup to much longer.
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
DePuff Eye PadsThese eye pads are used to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. I am not a big fan of eye pads and these are the things that I would just pass since fine lines and wrinkles are not a major problem for me.
DePuff Eye Pads
Formula X Power Source Nail ColorThis is a hot coral pink nail color, application is smooth and it does not strip easily.
Formula X Nail Color
tre’Stique Mini Shadow CrayonThe tre’Stique mini shadow crayon can be used as a base, eye color, highlight on upper eye lid or in eye crease as a contour. I use it as a base to enhance my eye color. It glides on really smooth and it’s perfect as an eye base before adding eye color. There is no fall out with this product and it is easy to apply.
tre’Stique Mini Shadow Crayon
This glam bag is well worth the $10 I paid and the value of the items is more than what I actually paid.