Application of makeup takes time and patience. We don’t always get it right on our first try but there are steps that we can take to develop our skills over time. I have compiled a list below of makeup tips and tricks for makeup newbies/ beginners.
Use these makeup tips to get better at applying your makeup
1. Less is more, in almost everything, a little goes a long way.
2. For a perfect wing liner application use tape; it helps you to focus on where to start the line and also making it clean.
3. You don’t have to spend a trillion on MAC other good quality brands exist.
4. Use a damp beauty blender when applying foundation and concealer.
5. Colourpop, BH Cosmetics, Black Opal, Maybelline is a good and affordable brand to get makeup products from. If you want to know about more cheap quality makeup brands ask in the comment box below.
6. Eyebrows are to be brown, not black.
7. Use lip scrub for softer lips and lipstick won’t be spotted.
8. Blending is key, major KEY! Even when you feel that you have blended enough. Blend some more!!!
9. Get to know your face shape and shadows. You might watch a few YouTube contour videos does not necessarily mean that is how you should be contouring your own face.
10. Sephora allows you to sample nearly all their products, take this advantage to find the perfect foundation that matches your skin tone and works for your skin type.
Slayage. Beauty Queens
11. Don’t forget your neck, blend it!
12. Make sure you highlight.
13. Don’t go to bed with makeup on, if your tired use the lazy girl method.
14. Don’t be afraid to take 5 hours on your glam
15. Falsies are hard to put on, so make mascara your best friend.
16. Make primer your best friend too.
17. Conceal after you apply foundation.
18. Invest in good makeup brushes
19. Good eyeshadow application takes time.
20. Clean brushes and blending sponge before usage.
21. Spray your eyeshadow with setting spray for a bolder look.
22. Always use an eyeshadow primer.
23. Blend blend blend.
24. If you are going to contour your nose make sure you blend to the GAWDS!!
25. Daily skincare and primer will save your skin and your money. Both reduce product usage.
26. Blend for your life!!!
27. Use concealer as a primer… It works wonders.
28. Get some bomb ass highlight.
29. Milk of Magnesia is a bomb ass primer, especially if you are an oily girl.
30. The front of your eyebrows shouldn’t overextend your tear ducts and it should be wispy, the body should be full and the tail tapers off.
Master the art of makeup with these useful makeup tips
31. Highlight the brow bone and tear ducts to make eyes appear wider.
32. Using black liner on the bottom of the eyes will make them appear smaller.
33. You will need about six (6) blender brushes for your eyeshadow.
34. Do what you like, use the techniques that work for you… it’s your face, your canvas… SLAY!!!
35. Invest in a good setting spray.
36. Use oil blotting papers instead of piling on setting powder and spray all day.
37. Brush your lips while brushing your teeth. It’s a good form of exfoliating, after follow up with lip balm while you’re beating and baking. When you’re ready to apply lipstick lightly blot the excess balm off. Lips will stay smooth and pretty all day.
38. Lay brushes flat after washing to air dry.
40. Do not use the applicator that comes with the drugstore palette for your eye makeup, invest in some good eye brushes.
41. Apply finishing powder on top of any replenishing lipstick to make it matte.
I hope you find these makeup tips useful. If there is any more than you would like to add to the list please feel free to mention it down below in the comment box.