After getting braces I realized that thread flosser alone would not work for me. I came across water flosser after doing much research on how to take care of teeth while wearing braces. There are rumors that water flossers should not replace traditional floss but I beg to differ especially for someone that has braces. Thread floss often times get tangled in braces wire which prevents the teeth from getting the perfect floss while water flosser deep cleans the teeth, braces brackets etc.
Sterline Counter Top Water Flosser
The Sterline Counter Top Water Flosser comes assembled in the box and only requires your selection of nozzle to be used. The reservoir can hold up to 600ml of water and it does not necessarily need to be refilled each time you floss. The unit is 7 3/4 inches tall and does not take up much counter space. The cord is wrapped in a spiral, it is tucked neatly in the base while not in use and extends to approximately 3 ft. long while in use. The handle has a magnetic hold that helps it to attach to the base once put away properly. If the handle is not attached properly it will fall off the base. The handle has an on/off switch that should be used to turn on the water flow to the nozzle. It also has a push button to release the nozzle from the handle which can be stored inside the case. The main knob on the base also works as an on/off switch that controls the flow of water and timer.
The built-in timer pauses at 30 and 60 sec interval and the pump automatically stops at 2 minutes. The water pressure can be very high depending on the speed you place the main knob.
Features of Sterline Counter Top Water Flosser 6 Interchangeable Water Flosser tips
- Tongue scraper: use to remove bacteria from the surface of the tongue
- Orthodontic tip: cleans between teeth and around braces brackets
- Pocket tip should be used for low-pressure rinses
- Standard nozzle perfect for everyday use
2 Built-in Timers
- the automatic timer shuts the water flosser off after two minutes of running
- the interval timer run for 30 seconds and allows you to clean all four quadrants of mouth evenly
Adjustable Pressure Settings
This includes 10 water pressure settings.
How to use Sterline Counter Top Water Flosser
- Fill the reservoir (tank) with water (recommended)
- Select the tip that best suits your dental needs and inserts it into the center of the handle
- Adjust the main knob by simply pressing down on the button of the base to turn it on
- Turn the dial to the water pressure setting of your choice
After flossing has completed:
- Simply turn the flosser off by turning the main nozzle on the base and flicking the on/off switch on the handle down.
- Press the button on the handle to release the nozzle
- Place the handle back to the base of the water flosser.
The nozzle case can store up to four tips so that it is easily fetched when ready to be used. The water flosser is compatible with any 100-240v outlet and it can be used worldwide.
The Packaging contains
three (3) standard size nozzle
one (1) tongue scraper
an orthodontic tip
1 pocket tip