Mask with aloe vera and coconut this will make your hair soft and shiny. Rinse with cold water to open the follicles.
It may be due to several factors, from chemical processes, such as the hair dye, or the excessive use of hair dryer or straightener. That is why our hair tends to suffer the famous “frizz”, which increases when there is moisture. Find out in the following article some home remedies for frizzy hair. We have compiled a list of best flat iron 2017 that will not make your hair frizzy.
Why Hair Becomes Frizzy?
The word frizzy is synonymous with dryness, or the lack of moisture and natural oils. The outer covering of the cuticle becomes “dry”, making the hair more porous, allowing the humidity of the air molecules from sticking together and swell. This is why people who live in places with a humid climate (or summer) are more likely to suffer from this problem.
However, it is good to know that there are ways to eliminate this problem since you cannot only blame the climate such as rain. It is essential to constantly take care of the health of hair. The home remedies are an excellent option since they are not addictive, do not use chemicals, or cheaper and have longer lasting results (although sometimes it may do later with respect to the effect that products are bought in stores).
Home Remedies for Frizzy Hair
- Apple cider vinegar: It serves to soften and untangle the cuticle (outer covering) of the hair. You simply apply it over the freshly washed hair and comb it with a broad-brush bristles. Then, use your usual conditioner. When you rinse, use cold water as much as tolerated, to ensure that the cuticle to shrink and the hair appear more soft and shiny.
- Olive oil and egg: Mix in a bowl ¼ cup of olive oil with an egg. Apply it to the hair, leave on for 30 minutes and wash with moisturizing shampoo. Next, use your usual conditioner. Olive oil is an excellent emollient that helps to retain moisture, while the egg contains a natural amino acid (called L-cystine) that helps cells to build and repair tissues.
- Honey: This rinsing should be done after shampooing. You just have to mix a tablespoon of pure honey in a liter of water. Pour over already washed hair, while they are still damp. Use your regular conditioner. The honey is a natural moisturizer par excellence which attracts and holds water molecules that hydrates the hair.
- Chamomile: Put in two cups of boiling water, a tablespoon of chamomile flowers and let it rest for an hour. Add ¼ tsp of apple cider vinegar. Wash your hair with shampoo and then apply the tea (which will already have cooled or warmed). Use your regular conditioner.
- Mayonnaise: This hair mask is used once a week; it helps eliminate dryness and nourishes hair and scalp. It will also provide protein that will make your hair healthier. To prepare it, mix ¼ cup of mayonnaise with an egg. Applied to the hair, leave for half an hour covering them with a towel. Remove with shampoo and warm water, then use conditioner and finish with cold water.
- Avocado and Banana: Mash a banana and the pulp of an avocado. Mix well and apply on the hair. The banana is rich in antioxidants and minerals that help make healthier hair. The avocado contains a lot of fatty acids that nourish them.
- Aloe Vera and coconut: Clean two Aloe Vera leaves and open them to extract the pulp. Put them in a bowl. Mix them with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (you can also use olive oil). Applied to the hair and left to act for 30 minutes, placing a shower or film headphone. Washed with water and then use your usual products. Both ingredients are used to moisturize the hair, leaving them soft and shiny.
- Banana, olive oil and honey: Wet your hair with warm water and wrap them with a towel. Mash two ripe bananas and add a tablespoon of honey and 5 drops of almond or olive oil. When you obtain a smooth paste, apply on hair, cover with a shower cap and leave on for 30 minutes. Rinse your hair well and wash as usual.
Tips to Prevent your Hair from Becoming Frizzy
- For your “ponytail”: Wash your hair as usual and use a lot ‘of balm with coconut oil or castor oil. Rinse with cold water and combed with a comb with wide teeth. Use a rubber band to hold cloth tied hair, never an elastic un-coated pulling the hair. Melt your hair when they are dry.
- Use an anti-frizz mask after washing your hair and before drying. Even if you do not need to rinse, do not leave it too long because it increases frizz.
- After washing your hair, comb to the left, wait a few minutes and repeat in the opposite direction. Then combed as you normally do.
- Used for dry products. Such as shampoo and conditioner.
- Avoid using the plate and the hair dryer because the high temperatures can burn your hair.
- Don’t keep touching your hair; you just have to comb them when they are wet or damp.
- Never dry your hair with too much force of the towel because it will break the cuticles.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of Beauty that walks as a whole.
See Guest Author profile
See Guest Author profile