If you have coarse, thick hair that can be hard to manage at times, then you might want to consider oil rinsing. As this helps to soften the hair and make it much easier to manage and maintain.
I normally oil rinse my hair every time I shampoo since this makes my hair softer and more manageable. If you have problems with dry hair then this Oil Rinsing method is good for you. You can use any of the recommended oils mentioned below along with conditioner of your choice. I prefer to use VO5 since its cheaper than other brands and my hair uses a lot of products.
Benefits of Oil Rinsing
- moisture retention
- hair becomes much easier to detangle
- less single strand knots
- smoother, softer, shinier hair
- eliminates frizz
- gives a natural shine
- coconut oil
- olive oil
- almond oil
- grape seed oil
- castor oil
How to Oil Rinse
1. Thoroughly wash hair with shampoo and rinse
2. Select your oil of choice and apply it to your hair
3. Apply conditioner and massage into scalp and unto hair
4. Allow the oil and the conditioner to sit on your hair for 15-20 minutes, you can also put a plastic cap over hair.
5. Rinse hair thoroughly using cold water.
6. Style hair as desired
Have you tried oil rinsing? If yes, did you like your result? If not, would you try it and post your result in the comment box below.
You can find us on: