NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream is neither a lipstick nor a lip gloss but it was made for the lips. This soft matte lip cream goes on silky smooth and sets to a matte finish.
I had a different experience from wearing the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream. With my first purchased of the lip creams from NYX Cosmetics Official website. Upon my first use of the soft matte lip cream, it was next to dry from the tube; it just wasn’t creamy enough. I later researched for some swatches on the internet; to compare the difference and what pulled up from the internet search had a creamier consistency. I messaged NYX Cosmetics right away and they sent out a new set of soft matte lip cream to me. When I received the lip creams I tried them instantly and it was way much creamier than the first set that I had purchased. The NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream colours are so pretty, you would want to see yourself wearing them.
The first lip creams that I purchased was extremely drying; product was barely coming from the tube.
The soft matte lip cream is packaged in a plastic tube with a doe foot applicator. Each shade of the soft matte lip cream takes the shade of the packaging. The product also came shrink wrapped!
I have seven (7) of the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in my possession and I am wanting to collect the entire shade. The colors are beautiful and for a matte finish, it does not feel drying on the lips. The Soft Matte Lip Cream goes on smooth, it smells really great and its super pigmented. It can be applied directly to lips, or over lipstick to suit your taste.
NYX Lip Matte Cream shades that are shown below are:
- Transylvania – matte deep violet
- Copenhagen – matte rich plum
- Buenos Aires – soft coral
- San Paulo – plummy pink
- Abu Dhabi – deep rose beige
- Addis Ababa – bright fuschia
- Instanbul – clean pink
- Highly pigmented, even on the first swatch
- True matte finish that doesn’t smudge throughout the day
- Doesn’t dry out lips
- Creamy texture once applied
- The color of the product takes the color of the tube
- Budget-friendly price (inexpensive)
- More than ten (10) colors to choose from
- Some shades are hard to get since they sell out really fast for e.g. Transylvania and Copenhagen
- It has a sweet scent that might be overbearing for some but the scent wears off once applied
- The product can be hard to find in some stores/places
- The names used to identify each color are not printed directly on the packaging, instead, it is printed on a sticker that can be easily removed
I would definitely repurchase these products and stock up on all the other colors. NYX Soft Matte cream is inexpensive and is of good quality.
What shade is your favorite?
How much do you own?
What time of the day do you wear these lip creams?