I came across this interesting 30 Beauty Questions tag and immediately I wanted to take part in it. The questions are makeup related and it is a good way to learn more about me; the blogger behind Beauty That Walks.
NYX Butter Gloss is a must have in your beauty collection. The Butter Gloss can be worn alone or over your favorite lipstick for a creamy sheer to medium coverage. The NYX Butter Gloss has a buttery, creamy texture with a moisturizing finish that’s sure to please even the driest lips.
The butter gloss provides a medium to sheer coverage as it is highly pigmented depending on the shade. The Butter Gloss melts onto lips providing a gloss finish. It is lightweight, comfortable on lips, it is neither sticky nor does it dry out lips. It also has a sweet vanilla-like scent that you will love, it is divine and not overpowering at all. I hope to buy the entire Butter Gloss collection and that NYX will continue to add more shades.
If you have a bunch of lipstick and you find it difficult to travel with all at once then you should consider to depot your lipstick into a palette. This technique is mostly done by makeup freelancers that have to travel with beauty items to their clients on a day-to-day basis. To depot, lipsticks make it easier for them as they can travel much lighter and see the shade of lipsticks in just one glance rather than opening and closing lipstick lids.
If you have broken lipstick and you wish to save them then this method is just for you. To depot, lipstick is safe and easy. You can use heat to melt your lipstick but it is not highly recommended. Melting lipstick can alter the formula of the lipstick, especially if it’s a glossy, glitter or matte lipstick. Matte lipsticks are more durable in the heat but the pigment separate and can settle at the bottom of the palette wells.
To Depot Lipstick without heat you will need the following items:
- Palette (MAC Pro Palette)
- Surface Pro or metal plate
- Rubbing alcohol
Follow the instructions on how to depot lipsticks
1: Ensure that your items use in this processed is sanitized
2: Take your lipstick of choice and scroll it up and use the spatula to cut it off from the base of the tube onto your Surface pro or metal plate.
3: Use your spatula and remove what is left of the base of the lipstick and place it into your palette well, if the lipstick is very hard then you can crush it out on the Surface Pro/metal plate before placing it into the palette wells.
4: Fill and spread the lipstick in the wells evenly or until satisfied.
5: Take the lipstick tip that was cut off from Step 2 and place it back into the tube.
6: Repeat process until all the wells are completely filled.
7: Use the q-tips along with the rubbing alcohol to clean up the areas around the lipstick wells.
All of the lipstick will not hold in one well, so be sure to cut the lipstick in a reasonable size; to be able to fit into the palette wells. You can take the lipstick off the top if you prefer but you might lose the angle or shape of the lipstick; if you do not cut in the angle as how it first came. You might be amazed by the amount of lipstick that is at the bottom of the tube. This can also be difficult to use when the lipstick is almost near to the tube and looks like a stub.
If you are looking for that smooth finish you can leave your palette in a warm environment and allow the lipsticks to soften for a while but do not apply too much heat or the palette will become messy. This can be more time consuming but a lot safer than applying direct heat by using a spoon.
Advantages of not using heat to melt lipstick
- It does not ruin the quality of your lipstick
- It does not ruin the container
- And you do not need to use fire
- Less work
- Not neat enough
- The NYX Concealer provides an excellent full coverage for blemishes, dark circles and discolorations. It is not over drying, it is smooth and able to be blended. It also provides a long lasting coverage for any skin types. I use this to cover up my dark spots right after I apply primer and just before applying foundation.
- I have been trying to find a black lipstick for quite a while, but no luck. I’ve searched at MAC Cosmetics and several other drugstores and they didn’t have any. The sales clerk at the MAC counter was so helpful he even showed me how I can customize or make my own. Luckily enough I haven’t put my mixing palette to work as yet and since NYX has released their bright-hued lipstick macaron collection it has been the talk of the town and the shade that I wanted was always out of stock.I decided to try a few shade while curbing my spending habit and not overdoing it on lippies since I’m a lipstick junkie. So I decided to choose two colours from the entire collection of 12 NYX Macaron lipsticks. A black shade was my intention to get along with any other suitable colour that I might see myself wearing and beyond reasoning and colour matching I eventually opted for Blue Velvet and Chambord.
NYX Macaron Lipstick Chambord and Blue Velvet
Where can I buy NYX Products?NYX products can be found at drugstores, Ulta, online at eBay, Amazon or on NYX official website. These NYX Macaron Lipsticks are sold for $6, only a third of their dupe Lime Crime Opaque lipsticks.
NYX Macaron Review
NYX Macaron Lipsticks glides on smoothly to lips. It is very opaque, with a creamy texture and satin finish (no shimmer, sparkle or glitter). These colours build up nicely and don’t feel heavy on lips. They are neither sticky nor dry. You will need to reapply once you’ve finished eating or drinking; if you want to avoid having patches of missing lip colour.
NYX Macaron Blue Velvet Lipstick NYX Macaron Chambord Lipstick
The NYX Macaron Blue Velvet is a medium azure blue and NYX Macaron Chambord is jet black in shade.
What is your favorite NYX product?