When you begin your natural hair journey it can get overwhelming as you try to soak in all the different information available online.You will easily come across different techniques, products, and ideas that are supposed to make your natural hair journey successful.
- Coconut Oil - Along with being able to help your hair retain more moisture, coconut oil will also help protect your hair from heat, repair breakage, treat and nourish your scalp, and more.
- Argan Oil - The moisturizing properties in this oil helps make your hair less brittle and dry. Adding a few drops of this oil in your deep conditioner will also help help your hair be more soft and manageable.
- Jojoba Oil - Jojoba oil is one of my favorites because it is made up of the same chemical composition of the oil our scalp naturally produces. Using this oil in your deep conditioner will not only help hydrate your roots and hair follicles better, but it also has the ability to treat and get rid of scalp problems like dandruff.
- Flat irons
- Hair steamers
- Hot appliances
- Hair dryers
- Tight hairstyles like ponytails
- Harsh hair chemical treatments
- Lowering the heat temperature before you sit under the blow dryer.
- Don't do anything that will chemically process your hair.
- Avoid wearing hairstyles that are too tight and will place a lot of pressure or stress on your hair.
- Use care and gentleness when handling your hair - Your natural hair is very fragile and even simple things like combing, brushing, or pulling on it too roughly can cause breakage. So always be gentle with it.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of Beauty that walks as a whole.