Ok ladies, I know we all have our opinions on the Kardashian’s – but I know we all agree on one thing – they sure know how to style their spaces.
1. Your Space:
Products from Amazon.com
- Price: $101.14Was: $119.95
- Price: $122.84Was: $217.95
2. Your Vanity Table:
- Scour local antique markets, garage sales, second-hand stores and flea markets, try to find an inexpensive and unique table for yourself. Look for pieces that inspire you, reflect your personal style, and make you feel happy. You should feel like a queen when you sit in front of your vanity! If you find a piece that excites you, but it isn’t in the best shape, consider re-purposing it to fit your needs. Sometimes all pieces need is a fresh coat of paint and some TLC.
- IKEA offers some great small tables for reasonable prices as well. This would be a good place to get a bedside table that doubles as a vanity if you are working with limited space. You can also find inexpensive but eye-catching chairs here too. I have a friend that found an IKEA bed shelf that she doubled as a low makeup vanity. It works perfectly for her!
- If you want to get really creative and show-off your unique style, try re-purposing something that inspires you into your makeup vanity table. My great-grandmother passed down her sewing machine to me and I had it sitting in my basement for the longest time. So what I did was remove the sewing machine from the top, keep the base, and added a larger table-top. Now I have a beautiful vanity table with several drawers for storage that looks chic and antique, and also reminds me of my grandmother!
3. Time To Decorate:
- Mount a large full-length mirror behind your vanity to make your space look bigger.
- Look for a beautiful antique serving tray to act as a spot to place your jars of brushes or whatever else you’d like. This can be found in antique markets too!
- Add a small lamp/lamps to help you better apply your makeup at night.
- Look for cute jars, boxes or compartments that will fit all your supplies and keep them organized. I have several different boxes in my vanity that hold everything from false eyelashes and eyelash glue to cotton swabs and q-tips.
- Add your own personal touch! I have twinkle lights around my mirror and small dainty bowls that hold all my jewelry.
- Consider adding some art to the surrounding wall, or add some shelves for things like nail polishes or any important items you may have, like a facial steamer or blow dryer/flat-iron.
Have fun! This part is where you get to pamper your space. Keep in mind that the whole point of a makeup vanity is to create a place for yourself that makes you happy every day, and makes you feel like the star you are!
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of Beauty that walks as a whole.
Author bio: My name is Kaylee, a young girl with passion in Nutrition, Health and Beauty – A blogger at Kayleebeauty.com. I’m inspired to share my creative energy and knowledge about things that I am very passionate about. 😊