If you are a Naturalista or you just began the transitioning stage then you should know one problem that we normally come across is buying a bunch of products that do no good for our hair types. Instead, we get tons of flakes, build-ups, not much of the desired style and the list goes on. My advice based on experience is to stick to a product that works for your hair type and try not to splurge on a product that will not work for you.
When we purchase products more than we actually want they are often times not used to their best advantage and they might have to get thrown out, donated to someone or just be another displayed item on our shelves. Until they become stock and pile; looking like the aisle in the hair section of the beauty store.
How to Avoid Over Buying Hair Products for Product Junkie
With all said and done to know if a product is suitable for your hair type then eventually you will just have to buy the product and try it. Also, if you have a natural hair friend or family you can sample some of their products to see what will work for your hair type.
Some product types that you should look out for before considering your purchase includes:
- Any water-based conditioner that does not list water as the first ingredient
- Product with fragrance in the first five listed ingredients
- Shampoos that do not contain oil or silicone
- Products that are not leave-in and contains mineral oil
- Products with missing, incomplete or short ingredient list
- Deep conditioners that are primarily made up of butter and oils
- Any product with a cloying scent
These tips will convert you from being that product junkie. In return, you will buy more of the products that you need. Instead of products that do not work well for you.
How do you help yourself from not buying a product? Do you get inspired to buy a product from watching a YouTube video? Are you more of an impulse shopper? Do you consider yourself as a product junkie?