Every individual has his or her own versions of a “perfect wedding”. Due to many reasons, however; we may not be able to achieve it and can end up settling for less. But on such a occasion as that of your wedding, settling for less is an absolute NO! To help make that “perfect wedding” a reality, many choose to hire a wedding celebrant. A wedding celebrant is a professional who specializes in planning and executing a wedding.
Wedding or Marriage Celebrants are legally bound by the Marriage Act, as the civil court of any country prescribes. As such, their approach to every wedding is client centered. Further, they are required to maintain certain high standards of services such as:
1) Recognizing the social, cultural and legal significance of marriage and marriage ceremony
2) Maintaining a high standard of service in their professional conduct and practice
3) Respecting the importance that a marriage ceremony has toward the parties involve
4) Giving information and guidance regarding marriage ceremony that lets the appropriate parties take decisions which cater to their needs
5) Condition a marriage ceremony rehearsal if requested
6) Taking measures that ensure the ceremony is audible to the audience
These regulations and many others ensure that a wedding celebrant will not compromise on the quality of his services.
What Can You Expect from a Professional Wedding Celebrant?
· You can expect a wedding celebrant to be in control of the proceedings and ensuring that you have a wonderful experience and ceremony.
· Celebrants are required to have a resource kit that will help the couple give their ideas in planning the wedding. This kit will have ideas for ceremonies, vows, readings and other things that will help the couple make their decisions.
· You can expect them to be in constant touch with you over the phone or email, discussing and exchanging ideas for the ceremony. Through things, they can understand your personality better and start preparing drafts of various ideas for the ceremony. You can pick the one you think that suits you best.
Ensuring a Perfect Wedding
Choosing the right celebrant will go a long way in making sure that your wedding goes as planned. You need to remember, that the celebrant needs to be able to connect with you on an emotional level.
· They more they understand you, the better they can help you plan the wedding. Therefore, you need to ensure that you talk openly and honestly with the celebrant.
· Something to keep in mind is to get a contract or a written document on everything that you discussed. This will ensure that you get what you expect from the wedding. At the same time, before you hire a wedding celebrant, you must ask the questions about the price negotiations, and what are the services that he or she offers that others do not. How do you get your marriage license, and how many witnesses to get, are also two important questions that you might ask the wedding celebrant before you hire him or her?
· This contract must also include, apart from the standard cost of service, the travel costs and any other costs that the celebrant can bill you with.
With the information in their hands, celebrants can plan the ceremony in such a way, that it will connect on an emotional level with those involved and highlight the qualities of the bride and groom. In the end, a perfect wedding can only happen when everything that you have spent months planning for plays out like an orchestra. Because a celebrant keeps your interests at the forefront of all his decisions, achieving this is very much possible.