It’s always food for thought, but can we eat our way to a more youthful complexion? We all know the benefits of eating well on our heart health and general well-being, but there are lots of foods that can do you wonders for your skin. What you eat can affect your skin purely because of inflammation, and as this is your body’s way half protecting itself and getting rid of toxins it can show up in things like acne, but it can also cause your skin to age. So what are the best foods for your skin?
- Who isn’t frustrated when it comes to having that perfect white smile we could flaunt around?Every single day, after looking in front of the mirror enjoying that “me” time to brush your teeth, you get to imagine how ads and commercials make celebrities’ teeth whiter without edits. Let’s face it, for a lot of us, pearly whites have become more of a pastel yellow. Diet, age, and bad eating habits may seem to take a toll on our mouths leading to tooth decay and tooth discoloration. Whatever edits we do, even those who take excellent care of their teeth could attest how it may sound impossible to retain tooth color back from when we were younger.
Image Source: PexelsThe worst thing is even our teeth need a vacation from toothpaste and tooth whitening products because of its harmful side-effects. Why? Whitening toothpaste has some disadvantages because they don’t primarily whiten your teeth. These products contain an abrasive that grinds away stains on the enamel, making our teeth shine brighter. Here’s a thing: regular harsh use could make your teeth an avenue to get stained more easily—leading to dulling of veneers and crowns.
But there’s always something to remedy this problem. A little help from homemade materials in this teeth whitening kit could solve it.
1. Coconut OilCoconut oil doesn’t sound like the most pleasant thing in the world, but it does make a difference in the color of your teeth. It is also supposed to promote gum health and help keep your breath fresh.Coconut oil is considered to be one of the good agents in stain-decreasing products. In research released, coconut oil contains lauric acid; a means to break down bacteria. Like apple cider vinegar, it doesn’t guarantee the immediate solution, so a regular usage would give the best effect. One of the safest to use—unlike baking soda-based whiteners—daily at any amount of coconut oil can work.But for regular use, coconut oil, mixed with a few crushed peppermint leaves could greatly help eliminate some surface bacteria that make teeth yellow with a minty finish.
2. Baking Soda paired with Hydrogen Peroxide or Lemon JuiceBaking Soda isn’t new here. It’s very alkaline and balances acidic mouth levels to a proper Ph and releases free radicals that break down stain-causing molecules on tooth enamel. As you should know, acidity deteriorates enamel when in high concentrations. Otherwise known as sodium bicarbonate, baking soda is mildly abrasive causing gentle grind son surface stains to return teeth to a whiter shade.When paired with lemon juice or hydrogen peroxide, baking soda could reduce the acidity acting as a natural bleach of sorts.You could make a concentrate to make a paste out of these two by combining about two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide with one tablespoon of baking soda and apply like toothpaste during your brushing hours. To make sure the paste isn’t gritty, use less baking soda.Wait for the paste to stand for about a minute and then rinse so no distaste from either of both components could be left over.Make sure to limit the use of your paste to two or three times a week as it would cause sensitivity when abused—maintain a regular non-excessive oral care regimen.
3. Apple Cider VinegarOf course, Apple cider vinegar has always been helpful.It is a multi-use household product, and Reader’s Digest recommends its usage for natural whitening. Using it in combination with baking soda helps erase stains and shines teeth. You can also gargle this solution regularly over time to answer other tooth discolorations. However, the results of using apple cider vinegar aren’t instant, but it will be worth it over a period of weeks.To make a compliment with baking soda for your teeth whitening paste, two parts apple cider vinegar is ideal. For the second time, less is more when it comes to sodium bicarbonate. You could use this solution a few times a week or solely use the apple cider vinegar as a mild mouth rinse along with your regular oral care.
4. Whitening StripsEverybody wants that million-dollar smile, and with this new teeth whitening product debuting in the market, it’s one of the best options for everyone.
Whitening strips are over the counter which would contribute visible results as early as three days. On average, depending on teeth color, you can expect to see results in about seven days. After a full treatment, you can expect the results to last between six months and a year. You can also look at some before and after pictures of a customer, so you know what works best.Toothpaste is a typical, everyday item, but have you ever tried read its labels and contents? Commercial dental pastes usually comprise one or more of these damaging ingredients unknown to you or your teeth. These ingredients are there often set up in known natural brands of toothpaste. It is for you, a wise choice, to read all labels very carefully.An example component is a fluoride; fluoride is fast recognized as the potentially dangerous element being sold under the show of “good for teeth.” Slowly but surely, a fluoride-free publicity is being put into order to ensure there is no more exposure to it.One unfortunate truth about fluoride, as of now, is dementia in humans. Due to exposure to fluoride, is said to double in the next two decades and triple in three.Creating your own teeth whitening paste is enjoyable. It increases the glare of your smile and rounds the foods and drinks that are the worst in staining your set of teeth in the first place.Remember that using homemade tooth whitening paste as your only oral care tool isn’t optimal for good mouth health. Keeping up with your routine of proper flossing and dentist check-ups are the best things to do in maintaining a healthy pearly smile.If you haven’t had any routines at all, you can start using these tips as your whitening kit for your teeth as your daily, or if not, natural remedies. At all cost, stick to it, to have the glare that you wanted.More so, it’s honestly common knowledge, and difficult to conquer in today’s world, but try to avoid dark drinks, such as coke and coffee that stain your teeth. Most of all, try to avoid using tobacco or cigarettes which induce tooth discoloration.Just round about the corner and find your own homemade teeth whitening kit using these natural products.
This budget friendly natural hair care guide will fit right into your budget whether you are unemployed, college student, intern, living on a fixed or low income, a struggling single mom or just plain ole cheap; trying to take care of their hair while spending less. I have compiled a few budget friendly natural hair care regimen that will match right into your budget and have you taking better care of your hair at a very low cost, no more excessive spending on hair care items. If you consider yourself as a part of this list or simply just looking for new techniques then read more to learn how to care for your hair on a budget.
To Cleanse the Hair: DIY African Black Soap Shampoo
African Black soap is good for the entire body. It can be used to deep clean the hair from impurities as well as for dry skin and acne scars. To lower the ph level of the black soap simply add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or pure Aloe Vera. Black Soap is available to be purchased online, at local health stores or beauty supply store. The authentic black soap comes in a huge chunk of brown and cream. Before purchasing black soap ensure to read the label to identify that you are purchasing the pure black soap. For best usage cut the black soap into smaller chunk sizes and allow it to sit overnight in warm water.
How to make African Black Soap Shampoo
1 cup of filtered water
1 tablespoon of liquid black soap
1/2 tablespoon ACV or 1/4 cup of pure Aloe Vera gel
Tea Tree (preservative)
Coconut Oil (optional)
- Shave or grate the African Black Soap into smaller pieces
- Add warm water to transfer the Black Soap to liquid form
- Let it sit until dissolved
- Add Aloe Vera and oils (optional)
- Stir mixture and store in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator
- Shake before each use.
Hair Tip: Always follow up with conditioner after washing hair.
For softer and more manageable hair try this home DIY hair deep conditioning treatment. These ingredients are probably sitting in your kitchen cabinet already. You won’t have to spend an extra buck.
DIY Hair Deep Conditioning TreatmentIngredients2 tablespoon of pure honey1/2 cup filtered water2 tablespoon glycerin1 tablespoon olive oil1 egg yolk
- Blend honey, egg yolk, water and glycerine mix until combined.
- Pour olive oil in until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Place on wet hair and allow to sit for 30 mins. Rinse hair with cold water.
Hair Tip: After rinsing out the conditioner you will need to add products that will help the hair to retain moisture.
Leave-in Conditioner: Shea Butter and Glycerin
- Melt Shea Butter by using warm water
- 1 tbsp glycerin to the desired amount melted shea butter
- Blend together until the product becomes creamy.
- Apply to hair while soaking wet
Shea butter can be used alone or mixed with another ingredient such as oil for leave-in.
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $4.27
Budget Friendly Natural Hair Care Products for Styling
Do single strand twist or flat twist on wet hair with hair oil (grease) or beeswax. When the hair dries loose to achieve your twist out style with a super definition.Flaxseed Gel
Buy organic flaxseed and look up videos on YouTube that teaches how to make your own flaxseed gel.Aloe Vera Gel
If you live in the Caribbean most time we will have Aloe Vera plant growing in our yard, or if not they are available for purchase as low as a $1 at any local or West Indian, Latino and Mexican grocery store produce aisle, Walmart and Home Depot also carry these products. One stem can last 2-3 months. Refrigerate leftovers for next use. If buying the Aloe Vera gel check if it’s pure and contains no alcohol.Conditioning Caps
As a substitute collect plastic sacks from the grocery store and use it to create a conditioning cap for when deep treating hair.
I hope you make use of these budget-friendly ideas especially when you are unable to splurge on yourself but still wanna look good and maintain healthy hair. What are you budget friendly natural hair care tips?
What are you budget friendly natural hair care tips?
Natural oils in your hair take a while to travel to ends of strands, so infuse your hair with oils to supplement what your scalp already creates. Avoid using petroleum and mineral oils. Instead, consider to borrow from nature and use any of the oils listed below.
Creams are a blend of oil and liquid which contains a higher percentage of oil. Creams are often thicker and soft like butter. They absorb way quicker than oils, but their moisturizing properties tend to last longer than lotions. On the other hand, some oils can be greasy and take a while to absorb into the skin while others can absorb in a matter of minutes without leaving a greasy feeling to the skin.