OK, so hair loss is a bit of a sensitive issue. It can be embarrassing and really affect our self-esteem. But I’m here to tell you that it’s not the end of the world. There are things that can be done about it. So even if you do find yourself looking in the mirror and saying: “Where the h*** has my hair gone?!,” you don’t have to accept the situation.
- What are skin tags?Skin tags which is a non – cancerous skin problem that are benign. Initially, it might not indicate any symptoms unless you keep rubbing and scratching the afflicted area. Sometimes you might do it unintentionally with your decoration on clothing or jewelry. Despite no difficulty it might cause in general, large skin tags may cause some pressure for the patients.In fact, skin tags is an asymptomatic skin problems that is caused by dust, fat cells, fiber and nerve cells as well as epidermis. Though anyone regardless of gender or age might encounter this skin condition, those are pregnant or are associated to hyperinsulinemia might be more easily exposure to this condition. Moreover, those with obesity and inheriting higher sensitivity to skin tags are more prone to this skin problem.
There are people who encounter this skin condition might never suspect them as they can be rubbed off painlessly. Nonetheless, they mostly do not fall off. You might suspect the condition by their special color – light brown or fleshy color. Initially, the skin tags are flatten and small, but they might develop to bigger sizes with diameter from 2mm to 10mm.What are the causes of skin tags?Skin tags are caused by the blood vessel and collagen clogged inside thicker skin. It often happens where skin folded, hence it is said that they are the results of skin scrubbing on skin.1. TEA TREE OILAnother effective essential oil to treat skin tags is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil possesses antiviral, antibacterial and anti – fungal properties which are quite useful to get rid of skin tags, hence the skin tags will be exterminated.· Soak a cotton swab in cold water and place a few drops of this essential oil on it· Use mild soap to clean the afflicted area· Let it sit and dry by itself· Then use a cotton swab to dab the tea tree oil on the skin· Massage the affected areaNote: You need to dilute the tea tree oil with water in case it might cause irritated sensation.2. ALOE VERAFresh aloe vera gel can be utilized to treat various skin problems such as skin tags thanks to its healing compounds. Furthermore, its anti – inflammatory compounds and antioxidant properties that are considerably helpful in exterminating skin tags.· You should extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf· Apply the gel on the afflicted area· Give the affected area a massage in a circular motion to help the skin absorb the gel· Repeat the procedure for a few times for several days.3. VITAMIN EVitamin E can be one of the most effective way to cure skin tags. Due to its amazing antioxidants as well as skin generation to remove skin tags, it can be used effectively to exterminate this skin condition.· Extract the oil from a vitamin E capsule· Apply the oil on the afflicted area· Let it dry on its own overnight· In the next morning, do this again· And repeat one more time before going to bed· Repeat these processes for more than 1 week to achieve the best results.
4. OREGANO OILPacked with high amount of antibacterial and antiseptic compounds which can easily dry out the skin tags. And this oregano oil might be a numbing and cleansing agent which is helpful to exterminate skin tags.· Mix oregano oil with carrier oils like olive oil or coconut oil· Apply the oil on the afflicted region· Let it sit for a few minutes before washing it again with warm water· Do this for several times a day till improvement5. CASTOR OILSimilar to oregano oil, castor oil can be very helpful in treating skin tags. It can dissolve and inhibit the unusual skin growth. And castor oil is also packed with various nutrients which can promote your skin health.· Form a paste by add baking soda into castor oil· You can add peppermint essential oil or lemon essential oil to boost the flavor· Apply the paste on the afflicted area· Let it sit overnight· You can wash again in the next morning· Do this for at least 10 days to achieve the best results6. APPLE CIDER VINEGARThis effective solution has the great impact on treating skin tags since apple cider vinegar can effectively exterminate the skin tags.· Soak a cotton ball in the unfiltered apple cider vinegar· Apply the cotton swab on the affected area and let it dry on its own· Make sure that you have squeezed out the spare vinegar before applying on the skin· Give the affected area a massage to boost the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar.Though it might cause itchiness because apple cider vinegar consists of acidic, you can minimize the irritating sensation by diluting the apple cider vinegar with water.7. FIG STEM JUICEThis solution might balance the alkaline – acid amount in the body, hence it can be utilized to get rid of skin tags.· Use a blender to blend some fresh fid stems· Extract the juice and apply it on the afflicted region· Do this for a few times on a daily basisDisclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of Beauty that walks as a whole.
Author bio: Jelly Jeff is a nurse. She studied for a long time in Denmark and Singapore. She keens to write health tips and nutrition knowledge. She has been a freelancer for a couple of year and a contributor for many health websites like Authority Remedies, Lifehack or Instructables.
This budget friendly natural hair care guide will fit right into your budget whether you are unemployed, college student, intern, living on a fixed or low income, a struggling single mom or just plain ole cheap; trying to take care of their hair while spending less. I have compiled a few budget friendly natural hair care regimen that will match right into your budget and have you taking better care of your hair at a very low cost, no more excessive spending on hair care items. If you consider yourself as a part of this list or simply just looking for new techniques then read more to learn how to care for your hair on a budget.
To Cleanse the Hair: DIY African Black Soap Shampoo
African Black soap is good for the entire body. It can be used to deep clean the hair from impurities as well as for dry skin and acne scars. To lower the ph level of the black soap simply add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar or pure Aloe Vera. Black Soap is available to be purchased online, at local health stores or beauty supply store. The authentic black soap comes in a huge chunk of brown and cream. Before purchasing black soap ensure to read the label to identify that you are purchasing the pure black soap. For best usage cut the black soap into smaller chunk sizes and allow it to sit overnight in warm water.
How to make African Black Soap Shampoo
1 cup of filtered water
1 tablespoon of liquid black soap
1/2 tablespoon ACV or 1/4 cup of pure Aloe Vera gel
Tea Tree (preservative)
Coconut Oil (optional)
- Shave or grate the African Black Soap into smaller pieces
- Add warm water to transfer the Black Soap to liquid form
- Let it sit until dissolved
- Add Aloe Vera and oils (optional)
- Stir mixture and store in a cool, dry place or in the refrigerator
- Shake before each use.
Hair Tip: Always follow up with conditioner after washing hair.
For softer and more manageable hair try this home DIY hair deep conditioning treatment. These ingredients are probably sitting in your kitchen cabinet already. You won’t have to spend an extra buck.
DIY Hair Deep Conditioning TreatmentIngredients2 tablespoon of pure honey1/2 cup filtered water2 tablespoon glycerin1 tablespoon olive oil1 egg yolk
- Blend honey, egg yolk, water and glycerine mix until combined.
- Pour olive oil in until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Place on wet hair and allow to sit for 30 mins. Rinse hair with cold water.
Hair Tip: After rinsing out the conditioner you will need to add products that will help the hair to retain moisture.
Leave-in Conditioner: Shea Butter and Glycerin
- Melt Shea Butter by using warm water
- 1 tbsp glycerin to the desired amount melted shea butter
- Blend together until the product becomes creamy.
- Apply to hair while soaking wet
Shea butter can be used alone or mixed with another ingredient such as oil for leave-in.
Products from Amazon.com‹ ›
- Price: Check on Amazon
- Price: $4.20Was: $7.50
Budget Friendly Natural Hair Care Products for Styling
Do single strand twist or flat twist on wet hair with hair oil (grease) or beeswax. When the hair dries loose to achieve your twist out style with a super definition.Flaxseed Gel
Buy organic flaxseed and look up videos on YouTube that teaches how to make your own flaxseed gel.Aloe Vera Gel
If you live in the Caribbean most time we will have Aloe Vera plant growing in our yard, or if not they are available for purchase as low as a $1 at any local or West Indian, Latino and Mexican grocery store produce aisle, Walmart and Home Depot also carry these products. One stem can last 2-3 months. Refrigerate leftovers for next use. If buying the Aloe Vera gel check if it’s pure and contains no alcohol.Conditioning Caps
As a substitute collect plastic sacks from the grocery store and use it to create a conditioning cap for when deep treating hair.
I hope you make use of these budget-friendly ideas especially when you are unable to splurge on yourself but still wanna look good and maintain healthy hair. What are you budget friendly natural hair care tips?
What are you budget friendly natural hair care tips?
Looking for something to lay those edges! Lottabody Control Me Edge Gel for relaxed and natural hair might be just for you. This Edge Gel has help to keep my edges in place, I just take a toothbrush and brush a pea size amount (a little goes a long way) of the edge gel on my hair then I proceed to tie my hair with a silk wrap, after removing the silk wrap my hair is left laid with no sign of flaking, greasy or that sticky feeling. This edge control does not harden my hair, it helps to tame my frizz and keep it moisturized.