Beauty that walks has been awarded the Liebster Award by Simple Sumptuous Cooking. The Liebster Award is given to new bloggers with less than 1000 followers and has a blog for less than 2 years to help connect bloggers with other bloggers. Since Beauty that walks is nominated I will now have to nominate a few bloggers and provide them with questions to answer and post to their blog.
11 Questions Asked by Simple Sumptuous Cooking
1. How will you describe the target audience of your blog in one sentence?
My target audience is those who belong to the natural hair and makeup community. Beauty that walks explores skin care, cosmetics, hair products and provides its audience with genuine reviews.
2. What the primary reason for starting your blog and do you have a roadmap for monetizing your blog?
I have a passion for writing so I had started a technology blog prior Beauty that walks but after one year I changed my niche to fit a more feminine background. I have different means of monetizing my site. I use Google Adsense, CJ Affiliate by Conversant and Shareasale.
Shareasale: Join Shareasale and earn cash
Aloha: Join the Aloha Program today
Modcloth: Join the Modcloth Program today
Cricut: Join the Cricut affiliate program
GoJane: Shop at GoJane
Rent the Runway: Join the Rent the Runway Program today
Tuft and Needles: Mattress Stores are Greedy
WonderSlim: Join WonderSlim and start earning
3. How often do you post content on your blog?
With my busy schedule being a full time student and having a full time job, it is impossible for me to post 2-3 times per week but I surely deliver new contents every month. I often get overwhelmed with too much work but I am trying to multi-task the best way that I could.
4. Are pictures and/or videos important to your blog?
Pictures make my content stands out, it depicts a better understanding of what product etc. that I am talking about. As for videos, I don’t create them a lot, so I mostly use pictures.
5. Do you hire people for writing content, photography and videos?
I have accepted sponsored post but I have never hired anyone for writing contents, taking photographs or videos.
6. Do you have a YouTube channel?
Yes! I have a YouTube channel but I am not up-to-date with it since I am not fond of doing videos.
7. Do you also take advantage of social media like Pinterest, Instagram, StumbleUpon etc?
Yes! Social media is the perfect tool for marketing my content. I join a bunch of blogging groups and I run my own social media marketing pages. I am still trying to build my network.
I do have a StumbleUpon account but I rarely use it. My blog is not self-hosted therefore it is not accepted by StumbleUpon.
8. What is your blog’s biggest success?
My best blogging success is receiving over 100,000 page views within less than 2 years.
9. What aspect of your blog do find challenging?
Scheduling blog post, earning from monetizing and getting the right angle of taking pics.
10. What motivates you to continue blogging?
My passion for writing.
11. Where do you see your blog in the next 2 years and 5 years?
Being a self-hosted blogger with a huge fan base.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. Hate when my name is not pronounced properly and when I correct the person they don’t accept the correction.
2. I am a product junkie for hair and makeup
3. I will be wearing braces for 15 months starting April 2016. I am excited.
4. I love traveling to other foreign countries
5. I love to eat, so I learned to cook
6. I am a double major student and I believe education has no limits
7. My dream is to attend the University of Pheonix to pursue my degree in Computer Science
8. I have a thing for creativity i.e. art and craft, music, dancing etc.
9. I am a frequent shopper
10. I love the entire idea of technology
11. I am apart of a group chat that seems to never end.
I now present to you my nominees for the Liebster Award
My NOMINEES for the Liebster Award
The Wellness Factory by Majo Bueno
Natural Cosmetics Irena
Lip Art by “lip art”
Laura’s Journey of Hope
Frugal Mom of 8
a touch of CLASH
Espresso Ever After