Be inspired and create your classic save the date invitation. Once you have finalized the date and secured the venue, its time to share the news with friends and family. Classic save the date is the first stationery that will help your guest to be prepared for your big day.
At Basic Invite there is a wide selection to choose from. It is also easy to create and customize your invitations to your liking. Basic Invite has almost unlimited colors to choose from, custom samples sent to your door for test and review before you approve, free address collection service to get invites out, over 40 envelopes colors to choose from, wedding coasters and much more.
What to do Before you Send Save The Date
- Choose your preferred location and set the date
- Take great engagement pictures
- Design save the date cards, choose a custom design that allows you to include engagement pictures
- Proofread and mail out your cards
When to Send Save The Date cards
Give your guest ample time to prepare for your big day. They might have to adjust their schedule to fit your big day in. Perhaps if it is a destination wedding or local affair your guest would feel appreciated if they know months before the big day.
- For destination weddings, 6-12 months in advance to the wedding date is best to order, design and send out save the date cards
- Local wedding invites can be sent out 4-6 months prior to the wedding
- If time is short send out your cards immediately
What to Include on a Save The Date Card
When preparing the save the date cards there is a few information that should be stated correctly and not be left out on the cards. Here is the key information that should be included:
- The specific date of the wedding
- Location – complete address of where the event will be held
- Name of the couple – full name or first names
Save the date is only the start to the wedding planning. Consider making your decor pop by including paper wedding coasters. They can be used to serve under water, wine and other beverages. Keep your wedding classy with style while reminding your guest whose big day it is. Paper wedding coasters can be fully customized from your best wedding picture to your choice of monogram.
Remember to follow up your save the date cards with the official wedding invitations approximately 8 weeks before the wedding day.