A wedding day is the most beautiful day in one’s life. It is a perfect time to express your personality through your creative ideas. It is a day when you show love to your family and friends for being part of your Big Day. The best way to appreciate them for their presence is by arranging lip-smacking food with the help of catering wedding. Good food creates lasting memories, and these are the memories that will be carried on for years. So, to create that special memory for a lifetime, special effort must be put to make the dining an experience.
To begin with, you will first have to finalize the venue for your wedding. Next, decide on a wedding theme because based on the theme you choose, it will be easier for you to decide on the menu. Having a themed wedding food is more fun and colorful. Once that is done, now is the big decision of choosing the right catering wedding to make your dream wedding food come true.
Start by shortlisting some of the best caterers available near your wedding venue, as this will help you and the caterer to accommodate the last moment changes that are common. However, before you meet catering wedding services there are a few things that you need to check on.
Let’s look at some important points that you need to discuss with the wedding caterers
- Check if the caterer is available on the wedding date
- Make your budget clear to the caterer
- Ensure the pricing includes taxes
- Provide details on the estimated guest list
- Discuss on the serving time – the beginning and the end time of catering
- Decide on the service – whether it is buffet, seated or pass around
- Ensure that the veg counters are separate from the non-veg counters
- Discuss the wedding theme and music with the caterer. If there is a DJ or a live music, ensure it coordinates with the service time
- Check if the caterer will set up place cards or name cards on the tables
- Choose from the menu checklist- which includes appetizers, soups, salads, main course, desserts and beverages.
- Enquire if a certain food item of your choice which is based on the wedding theme could be added to the list.
- Discuss if you or your guests have any food allergies or sensitivities
- Ensure there will be sufficient water stations
- Check if the caterer is specialized in wedding cakes
- Decide on the flavor, style and size of the wedding cake
- Discuss the setup of the venue including the tables, chairs, table centerpieces, table linens, napkins, chair covers, plates, glasses, disposables, food warmers, cake knife, cake stand, tissues and cutlery
- Discuss with the catering wedding service provider on the presentation of the food- the decoration of salad counters, tableside carvings or the chocolate fountains
- Check if the visible personnel’s like the servers and the cleaners will be wearing uniform or aprons
- Check the deposit amount and cancellation policies
- Discuss the cleanup and trash removal
- Fix date and time for tasting the food to ensure the quality is up to your expectations
- Finally, make a written contract with details on the menu and pricing
This article points out only a few important ideas for choosing catering wedding services. Each wedding is special and unique, so just pick the points that best suits your dream wedding and talk to your wedding caterer about your ideas and see what best can be achieved to make your wedding- perfect. Remember, your wedding is your Big Day. So, fill your day with those amazing, scrumptious, divine flavors and send your guests home happy and dazzled.