There’s nothing worse than spending time putting a face on in the morning, only to look like you’ve just rolled out of bed by lunchtime. When you work really hard to create your perfect look, you want it to stay looking perfect but you can’t control the weather or your surroundings. Heat, humidity and general sweatiness of the day all contribute to making that classic face you spent so much time honing slide right off. How dare it!
There are things you can do – thankfully – to prevent the ‘melted waxwork’ look by the end of the day. Making your makeup last all day depends on what product you use as much as it is about skill. You can learn more at https://classiccosmetics.com, and you can check out the tricks below to get your look perfected and lasting all day. Whatever you do, make sure that your makeup bag has everything you need to get started.
Top Makeup Tricks
- Oil + Water = Disaster. We all know this and the oils in your face are included! So, starting your makeup routine with a clear and clean canvas is important. Before you get started on applying your favourite cosmetics, you need to have a clean, dry face. The oils need a good cleanser and you’ll need an SPF-free moisturizer before adding anything else.
- Base Coat. When you go for a manicure that is done by a professional, you need a base coat to keep the nail polish on longer. It’s no different for your face. Okay, so you won’t be using a nail polish base coat across your T-Zone, but you will need a primer. This blur the imperfections, fill your pores and keep your makeup lasting longer.
- Product Choice. A big part of makeup staying on your face all day is the choice of product you use. You can use drugstore makeup and designer makeup and have the same look, but you can bet that the designer makeup will last you for 12 hours as opposed to the 2 hours the drugstore makeup will stay on. Be picky about your makeup and think of it as an investment in yourself.
- Set It. You’d not go to the hairdressers for a stylish up ‘do and not lock it in with hairspray. Setting your makeup with a setting spray like this can make such a difference. Do this before and after you apply your face so that your makeup looks more natural on your skin.
- Hands Off. If you’re the sort of person who knuckles their eyes when they’re sleepy, perhaps lay off the layers of mascara. Keeping your hands off your face doesn’t just stop your makeup from running off; it stops you transferring dirt from your hands to your cheeks. Oils on your hands will cause movement in your makeup so keep your hands away from your face as much as possible.
Keeping your makeup on all day is not as easy, but with these tips you should be able to have an easier time of it, meaning your face will look as fresh on the long commute home as it did on the way!