If you travel or live in a country different from your birth country more likely you will come across people that speak a different language from you. Learning a different language can become overwhelming but you would like to interact with each other and break the language barrier. What is preventing you from learning a different language? Learning the basics of different languages is not hard; especially when there are tons of resources available online and elsewhere such as language audibles, books by the library, in store, language trainers and we can also communicate with each other. All of these resources are helpful when trying to learn another language.
Here are some reasons why you should learn a new language:
- If you are traveling to a different country where the language is different from yours’ learning a new language is efficient. For instance, if you speak English and plan to visit China. You might want to put some interest in learning their first language. This will help you to communicate better on your upcoming trip.
- New job responsibilities: often times I see job vacancies where a second language is required. I wouldn’t want to pass up on a good job opportunity due to a language barrier. Learning a new language can open up a world of job opportunities for you. Also, it will set you apart from others.
- Sometimes books and laws of a different country are written in a different language but it is later translated for others to understand. You might also want to learn the original language to be able to read it in the first language it was in.
- Break the language barrier: enjoy time communicating with your friends, establish deep communication by speaking in their native language.
- Break being a monolingualism: if you speak more than one language others will want to accommodate you; they will be interested in speaking to you and start approaching you.
Discovering and learning a new language can be done fast and easy. An app that I recommend is called Duolingo. It is completely free to use and has tons of languages to learn. Feel free to download it from here unto your smartphone or tablet device. If you are interested in learning the Spanish language, Senor Jordan has some detail videos on YouTube which will make learning easier. You can also invest in online courses with teachers to train you a language of your choice and develop your vocabulary.
Which language would you like to learn today?