If your hair is protein sensitive it is said to be that your hair will feel dry, brittle or becomes broken after applying a protein rich product or a deep conditioner. If you apply a super protein rich product in your hair and you start to experience a lot of damage, dull strands and a straw-like texture then your hair is protein sensitive.
This homemade recipe was designed especially for protein sensitive hair so that one’s hair can feel soft, manageable, voluminous, tangle free, hair shedding free and to achieve shiny defined curls.
1 ripe banana
1 cup aloe vera juice
half can of coconut milk
4 teaspoon olive oil
strainer with tiny holes
a bowl and a blender
6 drops of Argan and Rosehip oil (optional)
1. Blend banana along with the cup of aloe vera juice together in a blender until it is smooth.
2. Strain the contents of the blender into a bowl, let the liquid pass through the strainer naturally; leaving the banana pulp in the strainer (avoiding this step will leave banana bits in your hair).
3. Add half can of organic/whole coconut milk to the mixture
4. Add 6 drops of Argan and Rosehip oil to the mixture (optional)
5. Whisk with a fork
6. Apply to hair by sections, from scalp to hair ends
7. When hair is coated thoroughly, cover with a plastic cap for 30 minutes
8. Wash out thoroughly and style as desired.
NB// One should do a strand test before using this deep conditioning method on their entire hair. Test before you commit.
One should experience moist, conditioned, soft and shiny hair if followed the steps and applied as told.
Disclaimer: This mixture is not “protein free” but it is geared towards “protein sensitive hair” based on the ingredients that have been approved to work well.
Benefits of the ingredients
1. Banana – reduce frizz and increase moisture.
2. Aloe vera juice – restore strength, soothe the scalp, conditioning while promoting sheen and reducing frizz.
3. Coconut Milk – nourish and moisturize hair
4. Olive Oil softens, moisturize dry hair, promote dry hair, promote shine and reduce frizz.
5. Argan and rosehip oil restore moisture and shine to dry, brittle hair and it’s good for reducing dandruff.