What are skin tags?
Skin tags which is a non – cancerous skin problem that are benign. Initially, it might not indicate any symptoms unless you keep rubbing and scratching the afflicted area. Sometimes you might do it unintentionally with your decoration on clothing or jewelry. Despite no difficulty it might cause in general, large skin tags may cause some pressure for the patients.
In fact, skin tags is an asymptomatic skin problems that is caused by dust, fat cells, fiber and nerve cells as well as epidermis. Though anyone regardless of gender or age might encounter this skin condition, those are pregnant or are associated to hyperinsulinemia might be more easily exposure to this condition. Moreover, those with obesity and inheriting higher sensitivity to skin tags are more prone to this skin problem.
There are people who encounter this skin condition might never suspect them as they can be rubbed off painlessly. Nonetheless, they mostly do not fall off. You might suspect the condition by their special color – light brown or fleshy color. Initially, the skin tags are flatten and small, but they might develop to bigger sizes with diameter from 2mm to 10mm.
What are the causes of skin tags?
Skin tags are caused by the blood vessel and collagen clogged inside thicker skin. It often happens where skin folded, hence it is said that they are the results of skin scrubbing on skin.
1. TEA TREE OIL
Another effective essential oil to treat skin tags is tea tree oil. Tea tree oil possesses antiviral, antibacterial and anti – fungal properties which are quite useful to get rid of skin tags, hence the skin tags will be exterminated.
· Soak a cotton swab in cold water and place a few drops of this essential oil on it
· Use mild soap to clean the afflicted area
· Let it sit and dry by itself
· Then use a cotton swab to dab the tea tree oil on the skin
· Massage the affected area
Note: You need to dilute the tea tree oil with water in case it might cause irritated sensation.
2. ALOE VERA
Fresh aloe vera gel can be utilized to treat various skin problems such as skin tags thanks to its healing compounds. Furthermore, its anti – inflammatory compounds and antioxidant properties that are considerably helpful in exterminating skin tags.
· You should extract the gel from a fresh aloe vera leaf
· Apply the gel on the afflicted area
· Give the affected area a massage in a circular motion to help the skin absorb the gel
· Repeat the procedure for a few times for several days.
3. VITAMIN E
Vitamin E can be one of the most effective way to cure skin tags. Due to its amazing antioxidants as well as skin generation to remove skin tags, it can be used effectively to exterminate this skin condition.
· Extract the oil from a vitamin E capsule
· Apply the oil on the afflicted area
· Let it dry on its own overnight
· In the next morning, do this again
· And repeat one more time before going to bed
· Repeat these processes for more than 1 week to achieve the best results.
4. OREGANO OIL
Packed with high amount of antibacterial and antiseptic compounds which can easily dry out the skin tags. And this oregano oil might be a numbing and cleansing agent which is helpful to exterminate skin tags.
· Mix oregano oil with carrier oils like olive oil or coconut oil
· Apply the oil on the afflicted region
· Let it sit for a few minutes before washing it again with warm water
· Do this for several times a day till improvement
5. CASTOR OIL
Similar to oregano oil, castor oil can be very helpful in treating skin tags. It can dissolve and inhibit the unusual skin growth. And castor oil is also packed with various nutrients which can promote your skin health.
· Form a paste by add baking soda into castor oil
· You can add peppermint essential oil or lemon essential oil to boost the flavor
· Apply the paste on the afflicted area
· Let it sit overnight
· You can wash again in the next morning
· Do this for at least 10 days to achieve the best results
6. APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
This effective solution has the great impact on treating skin tags since apple cider vinegar can effectively exterminate the skin tags.
· Soak a cotton ball in the unfiltered apple cider vinegar
· Apply the cotton swab on the affected area and let it dry on its own
· Make sure that you have squeezed out the spare vinegar before applying on the skin
· Give the affected area a massage to boost the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar.
Though it might cause itchiness because apple cider vinegar consists of acidic, you can minimize the irritating sensation by diluting the apple cider vinegar with water.
7. FIG STEM JUICE
This solution might balance the alkaline – acid amount in the body, hence it can be utilized to get rid of skin tags.
· Use a blender to blend some fresh fid stems
· Extract the juice and apply it on the afflicted region
· Do this for a few times on a daily basis
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in any guest post featured on our site are those of the guest author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of Beauty that walks as a whole.
Author bio: Jelly Jeff is a nurse. She studied for a long time in Denmark and Singapore. She keens to write health tips and nutrition knowledge. She has been a freelancer for a couple of year and a contributor for many health websites like Authority Remedies, Lifehack or Instructables.
You can find us on: