|Meagan Good wearing Faux Locs|
Follow these simple steps that will help to keep your locs looking tight and freshly done.
1. Cleanse Locs correctly. Washing will loosen dreads, so it’s best to shampoo every four to six weeks. Use a clarifying shampoo to remove product buildup.
2. Refresh roots. Maintain a clean scalp and a fresh smell by using a dry shampoo in between water cleanses.
3. Lock in moisture. Locs tend to get dry and brittle. A hydrating conditioner or hair oil will keep them soft and prevent breakage.
4. Add sheen. Dreads naturally have a matte finish. For a more glossy and healthy looking hair use a shine spray.
5. Go softer and shorter, the weight of longer locs can thin the hair at the scalp. Cut the length and experiment with less structured styles.